Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When the Armour (cattle company) private closes due to phase change, does the owning corporation retain the "closed" token and still have the ability to change a token on the board from "open" to "closed"?

The rules state that tokens remain after the privates close, until the following phase change. I THINK this is meant to only apply to the bridge discount tokens, but the rules left me unsure.

I know that the private is closed if the "closed" token is placed, but does an unused token also disappear with the private?

Or, if a corporation owns but has not yet placed either cattle token, is it still able to retain and place them after the private closes due to a phase change?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Campbell
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
When the Armour (cattle company) private closes due to phase change, does the owning corporation retain the "closed" token and still have the ability to change a token on the board from "open" to "closed"?

The rules state that tokens remain after the privates close, until the following phase change. I THINK this is meant to only apply to the bridge discount tokens, but the rules left me unsure.

I know that the private is closed if the "closed" token is placed, but does an unused token also disappear with the private?

Or, if a corporation owns but has not yet placed either cattle token, is it still able to retain and place them after the private closes due to a phase change?

All tokens from the privates remain in play. This means that the open token from the Armour Co. private could be exchanged for the closed token after the private has left the game. In Section 2 Game Phases it states that:

Phase 5: the first 5/7-train purchase
• All private companies close (tokens remain)
• Yellow, green, and brown tiles are available
• Off-Map areas are worth the brown value
• Local Railway Corporations become available
[4.4.1]

Phase 6: the first 6/8-train purchase
• 3+3-trains rust
• All private company tokens are removed
• 4D-trains are available
• Corporations may own at most 2 trains

. Hopefully this helps clarify the situation that you encountered. Thanks for playing, I hope you are enjoying 18NEB!

Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.