Keith Burgun
United States
Goldens Bridge
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all. I'm looking for some good, interesting, preferably less luck-based if possible single-player card games that are played with the standard deck.

I'm familiar with the Windows Solitaire of course, and I do like it. As far as I know there's a whole genre of "solitaire" games that are all somewhat similar. I'm sorta looking for something a bit more out there and different.

Anyway, any 1 player standard-deck games that are great I'm interested in... or is there a geeklist?

-Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite standard-deck solitaire game is The Pyramid. I haven't ever heard or seen of rules being printed of it, though. If you're interested, GM me and I'll explain it. It's easy to explain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you happen to have an iPhone or iPad, there is an exceptional app called 700 Solitaire or something like that that has 700 solitaire games played with regular cards. You can search and filter the list based on all sorts of criteria, such as difficulty, style, luck versus skill ratio, and similar factors.

Check it out, or get someone to run a search for you. It's a really cool tool, and has the rules for ever standard deck solitaire I have ever played, ever heard of, or even thought about playing, plus literally hundreds more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calculation is pretty good.

http://www.solitairecentral.com/rules/Calculation.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cookman
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And now for something completely different. . .

One Against the Dead

Cards, Dice and a Pawn are required. You choose how to travel so you kinda make your own luck, so to speak.

Mark
365ZED

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.