Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone think this Ticket to Ride Europe and the 1912 Europa can be enjoyed with just 2 players? We are new to games and are enjoying Carcassonne very much thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are fairly casual gamers (just play for the fun) and we really enjoy this game for 2. But I am a sucker for train games.

Welcome to BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was quick.... we just bought Carcassonne with almost all extensions except for Catapult and Wheel of Fortune we really love it but only play with four expansions right now..I would recommend also the plastic meeples in 10th anniversary edition they are very special, hey thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played the catapult and based on the reviews, I don't think I will. My wife and I play Carcassonne with either the Carcassonne: Expansion 1 – Inns & Cathedrals or Carcassonne: Expansion 2 – Traders & Builders expansions every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
those are two of extensions we always use plus rivers 1 and 2 of course I know nothing about these games,,,have looked at Macao but dont want dice and am considering Dominion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't overlook Macao. My wife and I love it but I do like dice. You might take a look at Stone Age also. Great game with some dice, but a GREAT GAME (sorry for shouting)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
doesnt the noise bother yall? well I guess not ....I am going to purchase TTR Europe and the 1912 Europa ...Chuck plays better than I usually and I want to make it harder for him if I can..... lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shouting is fun Chuck says not to do that its not nice ..i dont think anything of it..which one Macao or Stone Age do yall prefer? I really like all the fancy board and play toys with the games.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play Stone Age far more often. It's lighter. You will like it, I guarantee it. But of course, my guarantee means absolutely nothing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lighter means less toys?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe, but means less brain power to play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HE likes brain power...even though I pick out the toys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stone Age has a lot of "toys"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SOLD!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Ticket to Ride Europe both with and without the 1912 expansion. It works well both ways, but I think the game is better with the expansion. The main reason is the Big City way to play. This makes it much more likely that you'll be competing for similar cities and routes. Fun game that I'd recommend with two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you.. any opinion on the above two... Macao and/or Stone Age?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Jackson
United Kingdom
Bath
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thor1 wrote:
Does anyone think this Ticket to Ride Europe and the 1912 Europa can be enjoyed with just 2 players?

Absolutely. I own the Nordic Countries version too (which is designed for 2 or 3 players), but still enjoy Europe just as much as a 2-player game.

The 1912 expansion doesn't add a huge amount (I've never taken to the warehouses & depots) but when you've played the base game enough times it's nice to have some new tickets to keep it fresh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend and I play all the time. We like it but with two people we dont always get in each others way in completing our routes. So it becomes more of a race to finish your own tickets rather than a competitive game to overtake the other person routes and block them. Its fun when that happens in the two player version, it just doesnt happen every game.

So it works with two players but it would be far better with 3 or more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hackman
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

I love TTR:Europe and its 1912 Europa expansion. For those who like dice, grab the dice expansion to TTR and use it too. The game changes a bit, but in fun ways. Some people have said it makes it more casual (just roll dice and go) and some have said it makes it more strategic (holding tokens for future turns.) Both are right in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.