Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems a seller named 'eurolog1' is selling a large quantity of 2nd edition Timber Tom on eBay - with the Wollemi Pines expansion. $47.14 with shipping to the US.

Feedback indicates positive feedback for 6 sales of the game so far (27 listed as sold as of this writing). I can't vouch past that, except I bit on the offer, as it seems to be the only chance I'll reasonably get for grabbing hold of the expansion now that Marco has effectively vanished.

I'm a bit surprised so many copies of the 400 copy run went unsold. More surprised that they ended up in a stockroom on this side of the Atlantic. Would be sad if Marco lost his shirt on this run with a bunch of unsold copies, or if that had anything to do with him no longer supporting the game (or responding to queries). I know I was willing and eager to drop another $20+ for the expansion (small though it was), and never felt right about Marco offering it for free. But getting the expansion never happened for me, free or otherwise - same for several other people. This eBay auction has me definitely wondering what the full story is, when combined with all the posts of people not getting their copies of the base game and/or expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And no, this does not appear to be the Chinese forgery that has popped up recently. Unless they're printing the game with the original title, or the eBay listing is showing the wrong image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did some more digging in old forum posts, trying to get what the old price point was on the game for comparision. Instead I ran into this old post by Marco, where he mentions he used a company called "Eurologistix" to handle his US shipments. Given the similarities with the eBay seller name, my guess is the company he used to ship the games on this side of the pond ended up with a stack of them left over when Marco vanished.

I think I'll contact them, and see if I can get any more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for digging into this. I feel lucky to have picked up a copy when Marco was still around, and I know that I would feel a lot better directing interested people to the Ebay listings if it turns out to be his old US shipping partner. At any rate, it would feel more legit than the "Trail Blazer" copies coming from China.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
There was a thread on this posted a week or so ago, but it now appears to have been deleted? Anyone know why the post was removed?

Also, here is a link to the listing: Timber Tom on eBay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:
I know that I would feel a lot better directing interested people to the Ebay listings if it turns out to be his old US shipping partner.

I've managed to confirm this. Here is the reply I got from the eBay seller, posted with their permission.

"Yes, we are EuroLogistix, and we were doing Marco's order fulfillment out of Allentown, Pennsylvania. In the last quarter of 2010, he moved on to other ventures & dropped out of sight, leaving us with unpaid invoices and a stack of games, so after waiting a long time, we are selling off the stock."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know there was an expansion (the theme of the rare Wollemi pines is a nice touch!) and never received it from Marco. Perhaps I wasn't among the first group. Nice to see these copies being sold off on eBay. A shame Marco dropped from sight and contact. Thanks for the thread, Robert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brozik
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I posted the original message, it was deleted by the mod due to the eBay reference, which I thought was odd. I have ordered 2 copies, and received them quickly. They are the second printing, which included the Wollemi Pines expansion. Kim at Eurolog was a great to deal with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they Marco's original US shipping fulfillment company?

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Zeede wrote:
Are they Marco's original US shipping fulfillment company?

Yes, as posted in the reply two before yours:

Yes, we are EuroLogistix, and we were doing Marco's order fulfillment out of Allentown, Pennsylvania.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to get my hands on the Wollemi Pines expansion, if anyone has a copy willing to help me out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ullrich

Cherry Hill
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Price is down to $42.06 shipped
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought this... could not pass up the deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:

diehard4life wrote:

Yeah, I considered buying it twice myself!

But only bought it once. Got the order a few days ago, no problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Evans
Canada
Nobleton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up on this!

Just got my copy in the mail last week.

googoogoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Pearsons
United States
Western Massachusetts
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, thanks for doing the research.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Evans
Canada
Nobleton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also noticed that for the first time that even though the full item listing only says "more than 10 available", the item entry on my watchlist says "Available: 94". So they still have plenty left.

googoogoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mevans444 wrote:
I also noticed that for the first time that even though the full item listing only says "more than 10 available", the item entry on my watchlist says "Available: 94". So they still have plenty left.

93 now. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bacchus
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess those copies that are on the marketplace are going to sit there for a bit, eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bacchus
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy should be arriving today. Awesome stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy pretty quickly, but couldn't find the four hikers anywhere in the box. Are they packed somewhere special? Before I contact the company for replacements, I just want to make sure I didn't miss them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:
Got my copy pretty quickly, but couldn't find the four hikers anywhere in the box. Are they packed somewhere special? Before I contact the company for replacements, I just want to make sure I didn't miss them.

Should be right there:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh. That spot was empty when I opened the box. Darn.

Thanks for the photo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:
Doh. That spot was empty when I opened the box. Darn.

Thanks for the photo!

When Chris and I were searching the entire package last night looking for them, I wondered what that slot was for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.