Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J P
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm honestly a little confused. Do the plates only protect that given row or column? The manual states that they protect sides - which honestly makes no sense to me because it feels ridiculously overpowered. However, if it only applies to that particular coordinate, then it also seems a little underpowered, as you can easily use your shields + booster to do the same job. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It only applies to that row and/or column that it appears on - it doesn't protect your entire side for you.

You may certainly choose not to use it if you have shields & booster, but it can be nice in a critical part of the ship since batteries run out faster with shield and booster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Alexander
United States
Saline
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It protects that specific coordinate (as long as you don't have an open connection).

7 is the most commonly rolled number, so I try to put it in a row with a 7 in it.

-Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thatthing1999 wrote:
How do the indestructible pates work?

They work very well, thanks for asking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indestructible plating protects the tile it's on against damage from the sides it covers. If the damage hits a different tile, or it doesn't come from a protected direction (either because it comes from an unprotected direction, or because it doesn't come from any direction - like sabotage) then the plating does nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.