Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hari Zafiriadis
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the foreman in a single player game. Can the foreman be used to take a discarded helper that came from the 2nd row of the grid? It doesn't say that specifically in the rules and during one of my games I realized I hadn't played a helper yet so the only ones in the discard were the ones that came from the grid discard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hari Zafiriadis
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If that's the case then is it random that one should be on the top over another? If there were 2 or 3 helpers in the 2nd row is there an order to place them in the discard (the left or right should be on top) or do you discard randomly, or can you choose which one goes on top so that you can take it later?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Danielson
United States
Mountlake Terrace
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rad_sci_guy wrote:
If that's the case then is it random that one should be on the top over another? If there were 2 or 3 helpers in the 2nd row is there an order to place them in the discard (the left or right should be on top) or do you discard randomly, or can you choose which one goes on top so that you can take it later?

My understanding with the Foreman was that you had to pick up the card from the discard the moment it was discarded. You cannot use it later to pick up things from the discard pile so the order is irrelevant. I'm at work now so I can't double check the rules or the exact text of the cards atm however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hari Zafiriadis
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess if you discard the helpers one at a time from the grid, then you could play the Foreman at the moment the card you want hits the discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rad_sci_guy wrote:
I have a question about the foreman in a single player game. Can the foreman be used to take a discarded helper that came from the 2nd row of the grid? It doesn't say that specifically in the rules and during one of my games I realized I hadn't played a helper yet so the only ones in the discard were the ones that came from the grid discard.

Hi,

the cards text says: "Take one Helper immediately after it is placed on the Discard pile (by you or by another player)."

That it is YOU discarding the 2nd row of the grid (because you have to shift the cards around by yourself, because you have no robot around) does not count for that text on the card. ;-)

It means: When somebody discards a helper card from his or her playing area ("It is irrelevant whether the Helper was used or discarded.") you can play the foreman and take the helper.

While playing solo you can just take cards that you just played...Or discarded...

ode. (for Hall Games)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.