Subject: Trouble viewing game replays on Balrog module. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TJ
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to watch the most recent tournament replays, but each time I load a new log file and try to play it, I get as far as the first player looking at his cards, and can get no further. Can anyone help, or point me in the direction of a step by step guide on how to watch the game replays? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
You must turn on so you can watch the cards (and enter the passwords fro each side).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wojtaszczyk
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried it and had no issue. How many log files have you tried? As it might be one particular log file which is having an issue. I gave game 16 a try and did not put in any passwords for the cards either.

Make sure you have extracted the program and am not running it from the zip file and follow the instructions on the brackets page on how to save the file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try adjusting the card settings, and try some different logs as well. Thanks both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Poulter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please contact me with as much information as you can if you still get problems, as I am actively on a bug hunt at the moment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's a bug, probably just my inexperience with the program, but here's what happens, step by step.

I load a replay log (.log file)
I select View SA Hand and enter the appropriate password
I do the same for View FP Hand
I press Play/Pause in the replay menu
The window at the bottom right reads:
% Connected successfully!
%(whoever the FP player is for that game) views the Free Peoples event hand.

Then nothing else happens. I've tried all of the options under the Replay menu in different combinations, and can't get anything else to happen. I know I'm probably just missing an important step or two.

Thanks again for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Poulter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are using load game or load replay file (under the replay menu)?
If it's not load replay file then I think that's the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
once the game is loaded on the replay menu, one way to advance the game is by (repeatedly) hitting the spacebar which will advance the log one line. (Or you can set it up to auto advance)

Yep, I just tried it--Balrog version with old Aragorn log--and it works fine for me. Not sure what the problem could be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using load replay file under the replay menu

Edit: and the spacebar trick doesn't seem to be working.

Are there any specific settings I have to change before I load the replay file?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wojtaszczyk
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you might want to start the replay to the point where the two people pick their cards, then pause the replay and type in the passwords and then continue the replay. as you might be entering the passwords before they are in the cache. though I'm not sure if that is how it works.

if you want I set up a remote session with you to assist in troubleshooting, as I have done that with a few others who have had router issues. I'd just need a time/day that works for you. I'm on the East coast US, so nights are usually best for me in that time zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Poulter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It also might be worth trying to replay the file without putting in any passwords (i.e. do not use viewing cards options). They are not needed to replay files, but they are needed to view the cards in a replay. Just an idea to try and work out what is going on.

Also you have tried several files now?

I have tried various things to try and repeat this problem, but so far nothing wrong has happened, please let me know how this goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin; that would be really helpful, thank you! I'll message you about days and times if I can't get it to work today.

Andrew; I've tried about a dozen .log files now, but they are all from the same set (the most recent tournament). Each time I get stuck at the free player viewing the Free Peoples event hand. I can never see the hand myself even after entering passwords, and the dice never change and nothing else ever happens. I'm sure I must be overlooking something really, really basic. I'm going to go find some .log files from a different file set and try again. Any pointers toward some exciting games to watch would be appreciated! Thank you guys for all the help thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wojtaszczyk
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you opened the log files to look inside before trying to replay them? Or are you saving them with a file extension? As if you open them and save them with a different extension they might save as a different type of file and corrupt the insides. Or you might have .log files being read by some program on your PC which changes their format. Could try saving a log file from the website without a file extension in the name and replay that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ekberg
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do I type the passwords? I can´t find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wojtaszczyk
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you choose to view the FP or SP hand, it will pop up an enter password window where you can put in the appropriate password.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ekberg
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, apparently I had the wrong version, need to download the Balrog one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.