6 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » Rules

Subject: Events rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kirk hutzel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I am the U.S. player and I play a card with a white star for the operational points, I assume the event does not happen? Also, what happens to the event if I were to play a card for the operational points that was one of the half red half white stars? I think Im pretty clear on everthing else, though Im sure Ill have future questions about the meanings of certain cards. Thanks kirk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. If the US plays white star = US player's choice (OPS or Event)

Same goes for split cards. Either plays split star = card player's choice (OPS or Event)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you are the US and play a US card for operational points, the event does not happen and the card goes to the discard pile. It will be reshuffled when the draw deck runs out and has a chance of re-appearing later in the game.

A card with half red and half white star is a card with a neutral event. When played for operational points by either player, the event does not take place and the card goes to the discard pile. It will be reshuffled when the draw deck runs out and has a chance of re-appearing later in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kirk hutzel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ok, thanks everyone. Thats what I thought.Guess I was just looking for confirmation. kirk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of these questions have been answered before, but most of us regulars here in the Twilight Struggle forum don't mind answering them again. I think we're of the mind that the more TS players, the better!

Feel free to post any other questions you may have.

-- Pete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nightglider1 wrote:
Many of these questions have been answered before, but most of us regulars here in the Twilight Struggle forum don't mind answering them again. I think we're of the mind that the more TS players, the better!

Feel free to post any other questions you may have.

-- Pete

And make sure to order some of the custom dice Pete orders from time to time! They're shiny!

Jacovis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.