Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

For those of you in the Summer League (and for those that are not, give it a try) Chapter 3 will be posted tomorrow. It will go immediately on the Eagle website, but may take a few days for the BGG Administrators to post.

Hopefully you are having fun with the Summer League Scenarios and I think you will find The March of the Undead to be challenging, interesting and just plan fun.

Like the last scenario, the game will provide a setup based upon your previous battle results at Trident and StoneReach.

Westguard is a different city altogether though, harder to defend (only 4 minions in the city defeat it so you have to protect the surrounding locations better), colorful in that the famed Thieves Guild is located here and you can dabble in the Black Market, crowded in that a few new companions are available to assist, and offers new opportunities in that there is a Silver Dragon (The First Guardian of the Realm) to seek out and petition to help (New Group Quest).

Of course you will need all this as there is also a new Agent of the Dark Lord - Saraq the Necromancer and she is literally raising the dead, including some Generals if you you don't stop her. The good news is that only 3 Generals are attacking the city as Sapphire and her Dragonkin have decided to sit this one out. The bad news is that blue minions are newly risen undead and they cause Terror, a higher level of Fear. After all, it is more harrowing to see your friends risen and fighting as one of the Undead Legion than the average skeleton warrior. Additionally, Generals slain may not stay down as Saraq has the power to raise them also. So you will need to eliminate the Necromancer as soon as possible, but her Dark magic is too strong for even the best hero among you - you will need to Silver Dragon to dispatch her.

And this is just some of the new things going on in Chapter 3 of the Summer League - The March of the Undead.

It remains my goal to continue and expand the realm through both published and free expansions and I encourage you to enjoy the Summer League Scenarios as part of that effort. I think you will really enjoy them, - I know I am.

And, as always - there is no sign up process or scoring process for the Summer League. This is just to have fun. If any of you do post a session report, then as an added bonus you might get a special item from Eagle Games - Like the Silver Dragon Miniature, new Global Effects Cards or the new Errant Knight Hero Card (Paladin with 1 extra Combat Skill), just to name a few goodies they have available.

Thanks to Rob and Bob for playtesting and feedback, and thanks to Keith and Sean for proofing and Eagle Games' general support of the Summer League. Last but not least, thanks to all of you for playing and good luck against the Undead.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rivera
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Defending the Realm by conducting Naval battles ?

Movement by Ship ?

On the action chart, you have open spot for Movement 3 space.
{you already have
Movement by Foot = MV 1 space
Movement by Horse = MV 2 space
Movement by Eagle = MV 4 space }.

A sight to behold,

Beautiful Idea !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
jrcatania wrote:
My husband would like to know if Saraq the Necromancer is an attractive but evil female ?
You'll find out soon enough, but I can tell you that the answer is DEFINITELY yes. zombie

jrcatania wrote:
You are our favorite game designer and we love Eagle games and
Dr. Crow !
We love you too! kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the news.
I really appreciate how you mix the defenders and invaders with both sex men and women as it attracts both sex. My husband would like to know if Saraq the Necromancer is an attractive but evil female ?

Yes - Saraq is a beautiful female with a heart as black as the Undead Minions she supports. Just what the Dark Lord is looking for in a Queen, or so she thinks.

I hope you still working on the Troll expansion and my personal Wish is if one of your future expansion will consist of defending the realm in the Sea and battles in the water would just open another door for those who love fantasy Naval games but limited to only one handful of available but very expensive games. (will not mention names).

Yes - Did some work on it this week but it is still back burner because of so many other projects. It is becoming the #1 project soon though. No Sea battles in the Troll Expansion, but one of the 8 new heroes that did not get included in the current expansions is a Mariner and he is pretty cool. Can do naval bombardment, carry troops (and Heroes) and trade at cities. Hopefully he gets published along with the Bard, Centaur, Dwarf Engineer and a few other fun Heroes.

You are our favorite game designer and we love Eagle games and
Dr. Crow !

Thanks - Rob does a great job play testing and I will try and live up to your support. Keep defending the realm - Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
man lying down on job voluntarily
mbmbmbmbmb
I still haven't gotten to play the Summer League games yet, but I am planning an epic day of playing all that have been released. So maybe in a little over a week we will be playing the first three back to back.

Thanks for coming up with these, I can' wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jrcatania wrote:
defenders and invaders with both sex men and women

Is this the Hermaphrodites of the Realm expansion we've heard so much about?

Seriously though, looking forward to Chapter 3 Richard, even though we're still getting battered by Chapter 1!!

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donato
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"If any of you do post a session report, then as an added bonus you might get a special item from Eagle Games - Like the Silver Dragon Miniature, new Global Effects Cards or the new Errant Knight Hero Card (Paladin with 1 extra Combat Skill), just to name a few goodies they have available."

These all sound great.

My group plays DotR a lot and what we would like to see more of are new Quests and Global Effects. But especially Quests. Even with the Dragon expansion the number of Quests is a bit limited. And because there are only a couple of really good Quests (Amulet, Unicorn, Banner) we see a bit too often the same Quests in our sessions.

I hope Eagle Games will do a number of Quest expansions in the future. Maybe just small packages of around 20 new Quests each. This could be done rather fast and cheap with limited print runs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope Eagle Games will do a number of Quest expansions in the future. Maybe just small packages of around 20 new Quests each. This could be done rather fast and cheap with limited print runs.

Good idea - I will make sure we add some quests to future expansions.

In the meantime, Chapter 3 gives you another Group Quest (So, several between Chapters 1 - 3) and the Black Market which acts like a quest in that you may gain things. The Dungeons in the Companions & Catacombs offers even bigger Quests, a whole Dungeon - so we will continue to expand Quests.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
jrcatania wrote:
I am Blonde and having a blonde moment, I can not seem to locate the file for the Companions & Catacombs in your BGG.
Companions & Catacombs is an expansion pending approval for publication by Eagle Games and has not been released yet. So, blonde moment or not, there is no file to find here.

Hopefully, you will all get to enjoy the fun of the Companions & Catacombs in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Raymond
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
This sounds incredibly awesome. Cannot wait to play this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.