Subject: Nube question re: Prosperity- Kingdon Treasure cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all!

A question about the kingdom treasure cards such as Bank, contraband, venture, hoard, loan, quarry, royal seal and talisman!

After you have bought these and they come into your hand, are they played as an action card taking up your action for that round or during the buying phase, thus allowing you to play a different action card prior?

cheers in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. You still play them during the Buy phase, and they don't take up actions. Remember, though, that treasure is also played one card at a time; just that there was no important reason to do so until Prosperity's release.

WWJD? JWRTFM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they are played as Treasure cards in the first part of your Buy phase.

In your Action phase you may play one Action card (one that says Action on the bottom of the card) - or more than one if an Action card gives you additional Actions.

In your Buy phse you first play any Treasure cards (ones that say Treasure along the bottom) that you choose to play - resolving any effects that they may have at the time that you play them - and then gain one (or more if you had +Buys) card(s) whose cost is up to the total value of the coins generated by the Action and Treause cards that you have played.

Note that this means that Treasure cards are actually considered to be played one at a time in the order that you choose (e.g. if you play Contraband, your left-hand opponent nominates a card that you cannot buy there and then before you play any more Treasures; if you then play Venture you draw another Treasure and play it before playing any more Treasures from your hand, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks guys that cleared that up nice and easy...will post a few other questions ive come up with since learning to play this awesome game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem.

And welcome to BGG.

You'll generally find folks here happy to help out with any questions you have. On the other hand it wouldn't hurt to re-read the rules booklet, since a lot of questions like this are covered there (and it's generally considered to be more authoritative that anything that I say ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt N

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
churchmouse wrote:
No problem.

And welcome to BGG. :D

You'll generally find folks here happy to help out with any questions you have. On the other hand it wouldn't hurt to re-read the rules booklet, since a lot of questions like this are covered there (and it's generally considered to be more authoritative that anything that I say :p ).

Agreed. Also, if a question only covers cards from one expansion, I'd ask the question in that expansion's forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Q
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, there is a Dominion: Prosperity forum? Can you provide a link? Do all the epansions each have their own forum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
particle_man wrote:
Wait, there is a Dominion: Prosperity forum? Can you provide a link? Do all the epansions each have their own forum?

All of the expansions have their own forums, as do all of the promo cards. There's also a Dominion family, which has its own forums and provides links to each of the other Dominions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It is generally spelled noob.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The Broox wrote:
It is generally spelled noob.

Or also newb?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.