BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: To post or not to post, that is the question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joy Welke
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone! I'm new to posting, but not new to reading different forums and giving thumbs. My husband reads "RSP" off and on, and we chat about the different topics that have come up. It's been awesome, intellectual stuff and quite enjoyable! I've enjoyed reading posts here at this RSP forum from time to time on my own, too.

So, I just wanted to introduce myself and to let you all know that I'll be commenting and giving thumbs more regularly on RSP.

On another note, I know that this is the place on the BGG where you all talk about the "s" word, and I was wondering if it would be alright to post a question about a complex topic, from a woman's point of view, relating to the "s" word. It's been on my mind, and I thought that the RSP was a wonderful way to get honest, genuine, and well-thought out answers/thoughts on the same matter from some pretty awesome people.

I'm hoping that my thoughts/question on a complex topic related to the "s" word would be positively received here on RSP, since it is the "s" word related forum! My post will be honest and reflective, but perhaps more in-depth and sensual/sexual than some other posts that I have read on the RSP relating to the "s" word.

Are you all up for it??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already like you a ton. Fire away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, your post would be welcome. But only if you can tolerate the puerile responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hogg
South Africa
Port Elizabeth
flag msg tools
mb

I say Go for It.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wynnellyn wrote:

Are you all up for it??

Abso-freakin-lootly. I love "S"cience. So, bring on your "s" word posts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, you can also just write "sex" here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Op, your asking this in a forum of self admitted geeks? We all live in Momma's basement! Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawson
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Joy! I'm thrilled to see a woman joining the fray, and this forum has woefully few sex-related topics, so, welcome! And yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
.. and now you have enough GG for the RSP microbadge!

Welcome to the frey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joy Welke
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Thank you for all of the positive responses!! I will post my post, post-haste!

edit: Here it is!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wynnellyn wrote:
and I was wondering if it would be alright to post a question about a complex topic, from a woman's point of view, relating to the "s" word.

I'm guessing you're going to ask about a vegan recipe, but 90% of the replies will involve sausage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to mention, in order to post on RSP you first have to read my blog. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to RSP and also you are WRONG and BAD and also you are WRONG WRONGY WRONG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawson
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
Welcome to RSP and also you are WRONG and BAD and also you are WRONG WRONGY WRONG!

Why are you assuming her sexual interest is BDSM?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
corross wrote:
mightygodking wrote:

Why are you assuming her sexual interest is BDSM?

I thought he was just imposing his interest in BDSM. Isn't that what RSP is all about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joy Welke
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
I forgot to mention, in order to post on RSP you first have to read my blog. ninja

Hello Chad! Happy belated birthday! I DID read your blog! This is the one I read: this one

I liked it. I agree that many corporate entities and governments waste a lot of time in the negotiation process. Unfortunately, probably the alternative is having a smaller decision making body (i.e, something less democratic) would make the process shorter and more efficient (but at the same time this would introduce another whole set of problems).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Wynnellyn wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:

Hello Chad! Happy belated birthday! I DID read your blog! This is the one I read: this one

I liked it. I agree that many corporate entities and governments waste a lot of time in the negotiation process. Unfortunately, probably the alternative is having a smaller decision making body (i.e, something less democratic) would make the process shorter and more efficient (but at the same time this would introduce another whole set of problems).

Oh, now you're just kissing up. Reading Chad's blog and having an intelligent opinion about? His head is going to explode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would talking about soup be a prolbom?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Soup is for idiots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
Soup is for idiots.

Only if you eat it with a fork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
slatersteven wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:
Soup is for idiots.

Unless its Campbell's Chunky Soup- the Soup that Eats Like a Meal!

In no way am I to be considered to be a spokesperson for Campbell's Soup. Despite its delicious use of real vegetables and hearty broth, I am not an official spokesperson. However, thinking of the meal that makes even NFL linebackers full just makes my salivary glands begin to water with anticipation.

Ok, not really. But they could be, if paid enough.

Frankly, I always thought that Chunky Soup always tasted more like the can. The REAL soup of Choice is Progresso!

No, I'm not a spokesperson for them either.

Darilian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:
Soup is for idiots.

Unless its Campbell's Chunky Soup- the Soup that Eats Like a Meal!

In no way am I to be considered to be a spokesperson for Campbell's Soup. Despite its delicious use of real vegetables and hearty broth, I am not an official spokesperson. However, thinking of the meal that makes even NFL linebackers full just makes my salivary glands begin to water with anticipation.

Ok, not really. But they could be, if paid enough.

Frankly, I always thought that Chunky Soup always tasted more like the can. The REAL soup of Choice is Progresso!

No, I'm not a spokesperson for them either.

Darilian

Soup that eats? Herds of soup cans sweeping majestically across the Serengeti devouring all before them like some kind of Cyberlocust’s. Its like some nightmare from a diseased brain. What kind of sick twisted mind would…ohh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.