Subject: Bringing on French Reinforcements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Question: If I have Gates in Quebec with 1 CU and the French enter, can I choose Quebec as the port of entry thereby displacing Gates to the reinforcement box?

My understanding is that port eligibility for the French (upon "arriving" in the game) is that it be without a British PC or CU, so I would say "yes" I can do this.

Anyone have a different take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the rules in front of me, but you're saying that if a bunch of troops arrive by sea and finds an enemy army in possession of the port you're landing at, you get to land at your leisure and send said enemy army packing?

If that's the rule, I think some revisions are needed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gates is American. So yes, you can do that. You can land any and all French units in Quebec and move one of the generals to the reinforcement box.

If the General in question were Washington, then you would not be able to bring in Rochambeau.

Just keep in mind if you mix American and French combat units, then when the winter attrition phase comes, you will lose half of your combat units, so you probably want to think about separating them before the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HEY! You're not supposed to be trolling this forum! Get outta here, Judd!

Right, "Washington can never be displaced." And, yes, I would need to move Rochambeau outta there or lose the American CU and 2 French CUs due to attrition!

THANKS, podner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Judd is like Gollum, hiding in the shadows of every thread, his gleaming eyes seeking out every connection on the map, his ears sensing every ripple of the deck.

Washington's War is his Precioussssss!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's hilarious, Schmittgens!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
GA Jim wrote:
That's hilarious, Schmittgens!

That's funny.

I subscribe to the forum, so whenever a question pops up, I try to answer. That way, Mr. Herman can devote his genius to putting out that Vietnam CDG that I can't wait to play next

I didn't even read the poster and notice that was you. So no, don't listen to me. That was dumb advice. Try to bring in units to Quebec. Heh heh heh.

And Greg is right. I brought that game to game night every week last year and gave him the sad Puss-In-Boots (Shrek) face, hoping he would come over and play me again laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.