Subject: Innovation.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im looking at Innovation and it looks like a great game. How would you rate the game, how easy is it to teach, Thanks..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy to teach if you can get through the grammar used.
Make certain the steps taken if they have "I demand" versus regular do all steps. And if anyone else can do your dogma, they do it before you, and if they do - remeber - the player whose turn it is gets to draw a card. We missed out on that a few times in our 4 player game.
2 player game - easier to teach, not so cut-throat, not as "gang up"-ish. 4 player is a rough game - might lose a few friends and some hurt feelings (so don't act like you are winning if you think you are going to win soon)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
I rate it a 10. My wife and I have played it about 30 times and it still feels fresh and far from played out. A FAQ has been created recently which is very helpful. The first couple of games will be chaotic and confusing, but it is worth it. The first and most important rule of the game is: "Do all you can, ignore the rest."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
great, it looks like a great 2 player game, wasnt sure how teachable it would be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Ulman
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Most of the people that I play with love it. It's quick and easy to teach (although getting familiar with the 100+ unique cards takes some time for beginners). I'd definitely suggest giving it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Doupe
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's quite easy to teach. You can explain the rules to even casual gamers in about 5 minutes.

However, knowing what you should do is an entirely different matter. You need to explain that you can't expect to plan optimal moves your first few play-throughs. Everyone just has to pull some levers to see how it plays out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.