United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm moving to Lebanon and was wondering if there are any folks who regularly game there? I saw on Meetup that there's a regular group that meets Wednesdays in West Chester, so I may check them out - please feel free to have a look at my ratings and collection and contact me if you'd be interested in getting together.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't already done so, here are a few options in terms of finding local gamers:

The Find Users by ZIP Code option will give you a list of people near your new location:
http://boardgamegeek.com/findgamers.php?action=findclosestfo...

I also recommend you check out YottaQuest during one of their boardgame gatherings. I think this is one of the largest boardgame groups with frequent meetings in the greater Cincinnati area. And it's a good store, too.

You can also post to the Cincinnati Boardgamers Yahoo Group to see who there is close to Lebanon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
I will second Yottaquest. Great store.

I'm not far from Lebanon myself and occasionally host gaming. If you are interested in joining some time, let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also Gateway Games & More in the Eastgate area. They recently opened. Grand Opening happening this weekend. More here: http://www.facebook.com/GatewayGames

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Schmidt
United States
Saint Marys
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Dayton Area Boardgaming Society meets every Friday at the Krystal Keep on Stroop in Kettering; not too far from Lebanon. Seems to be a good group with some focus on Euros.

The have a YahooGroup for members and messaging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
German Mike
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The question is more: when will you be hosting your first game of High Frontier in your new place???

Work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks for the replies.

@'Bernard': Yes, I was aware of the search for gamers by zip feature, but I know that there are folks who sign up for the 'Geek but aren't active on the site. By seeing who responded to this post and getting feedback from others, I now have current information.

@Michael: My new place is really small and the table is even smaller, so hosting (while not out of the question) would be difficult. And yep, this is for work. I start Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
German Mike
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
C'mon, High Frontier has such a small footprint.

Good luck, I will miss you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaMilli wrote:
C'mon, High Frontier has such a small footprint.

Good luck, I will miss you.

Um, yes - sure it does. Especially playing on your poster map.

Thanks! I'll miss you, too, along with all the rest of my Cleveland friends, but I'll still be back to Cleveland on occasion (weekends) if you want to get together sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Omnigamer and Devourer of Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a group that meets up here in Lebanon. We have a guild here on Bgg called ivory tower knights (named after a game store that used to reside here in town). I dropped you a geek mail. Let me know if you'd like more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
+1 on the Ivory Tower. We meet right outside downtown Lebanon.

Took a quick look through your 9's and 10's, and it looks like you'd fit right in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Sleight
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
YottaQuest is a great place for boardgaming, and I would recommend stopping in at least once.
Tuesday evenings from 6:00pm is boardgame night, and there is usually plenty to choose from.
On top of that, the selection of games for sale is large.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark deeter
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I also just moved to Lebanon. I met some of the guys from the Lebanon Meetup at Origins--all were nice guys. Unfortunately, I misplaced their contact information amongst all of the other Origins paraphanlia that I had...so...what types of games do you play? Always interested in getting together.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
offdamark wrote:
I also just moved to Lebanon. I met some of the guys from the Lebanon Meetup at Origins--all were nice guys. Unfortunately, I misplaced their contact information amongst all of the other Origins paraphanlia that I had...so...what types of games do you play? Always interested in getting together.

Mark

Hey Mark,

We play all kinds of stuff. Euro (Power Grid, AOE III, etc.), Thematic (Elder Sign, Conquest of Nerath, etc.), Economic/Train games (18XX, Imperial, Indonesia, etc.). Really depends on who's there and what people have brought that week. Drop me a geekmail if you're interested and I'll send you the info as to where we will be meeting.

Thanks,
Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Simpson
United States
Franklin
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hi guys I live in Franklin and drive through Lebanon to get to work. I would be interested in getting together. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zipping_horse wrote:
Hi guys I live in Franklin and drive through Lebanon to get to work. I would be interested in getting together. Thanks.

Awesome! Drop me a geekmail and I'll send you the details on when/where we'll meet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott cozzolino
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
If Centerville isn't too far, you might also check out Epic Loot Games and Comics:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8059983#8059983
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.