United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
Not Oswald!!!
badge
Vic Mackey
mbmbmbmbmb
So it seems the Nekro can still use Blue tech specialties to reduce the cost of CC's. Why would they make that a rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greycloak
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it may be a typo in the FAQ...

They say Cannot use W, X, and Y. However you can use A.

They forget to mention Z...

I didn't pick up on it until you said something though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tank
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
...so it would seem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's have a look at the sentence structure.

"the Nekro Virus does not benefit from any specific discounts [...]. However, [it] may benefit from [...] generic discount to any technology."

Mentioning red, yellow and green would not have been necessary for this sentence. It's quite clear without. You can only use generic discounts, not specific ones. FFG overlooked blue, sure, but that doesn't suddenly allow you to ignore grammatical structure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Trolling, I hope. They can still acquire techs through domain tokens, which is great, since they can get Hyper Metabolism, Graviton Negator, and Fleet Logistics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with most of the above; the omission of "blue" was likely (and, really, almost certainly) a typo. If a rules-lawyer is going to argue THAT in a game, they are obviously and blatantly trying to game the system, and I would have no qualms dismissing them (or myself) from the game rather than play with them.

I have very low tolerance for rules lawyers who go out of their way to game a system, especially in situations where the intent is clear but the wording has an omission like this.

(For what it's worth, I'm not saying halbower is such a person - I think he's more playing devil's advocate here; I'm more saying that someone who actively tries to argue this stance in a game is such).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.