Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ingenious
Elise, Jeremy, Valerie

Unable to scrap together the requisite 4 players for Tichu, we opted to play Ingenious, per Elise's suggestion. Not wanting further delay, Elise played the first piece. Twenty minutes and several curses later I was the winner (both Elise and Valerie had made a few Ingenious moves, while I plodded along with an even distribution). I won with a score of 9,9,11, whereas Elise had 9,9,9.

I began the second game, and spent most of the game flushing my hand (a reasonably strong strategy if it works). This constant influx of new blood allowed for optimized play, but not much future planning. Twenty minutes and many curses later, victory was mine. I won with a score of 8 (Elise had 7 and Valerie had 5).

In both games, I was able to block at least one color for Elise or Valerie. Those colors were always the ones in which they were weakest. This strategy was integral to the second game, as Valerie was in a position to win, but thanks to Elise's cutting play and my blocking play, Valerie was left without a means of catching up in her last color.

This is definitely a very good game. Plenty to think about, but as the game wears on there is less options and thus play moves faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.