Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: avalanche_press [+] [View All]
Drew Ames
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avalanche announced today that they have Vassal modules for Great Pacific War and Third Reich.

I very much hope they release one soon for the GWAS series -- especially Jutland.

-Drew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this will boost interest in, and sales of, their games. Despite the frequent lack of adequate proofreading and playtesting, they produce many very good games. I suspect Panzer Granadier will be a popular game when it hits VASSAL. Certainly the naval games will fill a need.

Thank you, Avalanche!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Download link:

http://www.mcssl.com/store/4e466d3b9268494c82869d4417a53b/on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Ames
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I actually need to learn how to play with Vassal -- once they release a GWAS module.

I played a couple of games of GWAS: Jutland via e-mail with a board set up in my living room. It was cool, but I suspect that Vassal is a better way to play.

-Drew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This actually makes me want to hunt down a copy of their Third Reich game and check it out. I think Avalanche will probably see some very positive gains if they embrace VASSAL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having difficulty with it. Vassal says the module is not valid. Can anyone help please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim McCarron
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
polate wrote:
I'm having difficulty with it. Vassal says the module is not valid. Can anyone help please?

Aftere you have d/l the zip you will find 2 files inside - extract them. One is a text file with list of all the keystroke commands and another file called jp3r

Rename the jp3r file to jp3r.vmod

Then open this file with vassal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Marsh
United States
Ammon
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peso Pete wrote:
Good news! I am glad to see they were willing reconsider this and make the right decision.

No doubt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lufbery wrote:
Avalanche announced today that they have Vassal modules for Great Pacific War and Third Reich.

I very much hope they release one soon for the GWAS series -- especially Jutland.

-Drew

thumbsup

I saw a series kind of like Panzer Grenadier about Pacific WWII battles. If they get a VASSAL mod for those, I'll run out and grab it. Once they get PG released, I think they are going to see sales soar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Kolman
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
This is really cool news! It's always good to see a publisher give back to it's customers. Slowly starting to whittle that list of companies who DON'T want their games ported to VASSAL.

GW will be the lone holdout.....hence, why I won't buy any of their games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.