Subject: Roll/Resolve Events or Economic Conditions first? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rules have rolling for/resolving Economic Conditions before rolling for/resolving Events.
The Player Mats/Company Displays have rolling for/resolving Events before rolling for/resolving Economic Conditions.

This really only matters if the Sheepocalypse occurs in Period A, thus immediately moving the game to Period B, forcing the retirement of two businesses. Knowing the Economic Condition of the next couple of turns could help decide which businesses to retire. Since it might matter, I feel the question should be asked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Hunt
United States
Bellingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Events first, for the reason stated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification.

On a (slightly) different note:

Is the Economic die roll result used to determine the event as well, or do you roll once for Event, and then again for Economic condition ?

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:
Thanks for the clarification.

On a (slightly) different note:

Is the Economic die roll result used to determine the event as well, or do you roll once for Event, and then again for Economic condition ?

N.

They are listed as different steps of the Economic Phase.

There is no reason to presume that they are the same roll.

The Economic Condition card for the first turn has no roll for Economic Condition, but has a roll for a (required) event. There are other Economic Condition cards that have tables for an Economic Condition roll, but state on the card "No Event Roll". This gives even further evidence that they are separate rolls.

I rather hope that if they intended them to be the same roll, then, in the rules, they would have:
1) listed them as in the same step rather than 2 different steps
2) explicitly stated that the roll used to determine if there is an event is also used to determine the economic condition of the turn after next

-Of, course Walter could come and tell me I'm wrong, but nothing he's posted indicates that these are the same roll -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.