Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan wells
United States
SANTA FE
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello
My question is about the card militia's pride. I am wondering if you have one creature attacking can you pay the one white mana more then once to have more creatures attacking with him. I am asking this because most ability's you can use more then once are followed by a colon after the mana cost but this one has a period after it so can you pay it only once. Also would this be applied to other cards as well if there is a period following the mana cost.
Thank you
Happy gaming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am by no means an expert, but I am pretty sure the answer is no, you cannot pay this cost more than once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Tan
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Militia's Pride, you can only pay the cost associated with the triggered ability only once for each time it is triggered.

For an example of cards that allow you to pay the cost multiple times, see Primitive Justice or any card with multikicker. I don't remember if it has been done for triggered abilities yet, but that would be how it is worded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan wells
United States
SANTA FE
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello
Wanted to say thank you all for your fast responses they are very helpful to me.
thank you
Happy gaming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blue bomber wrote:
Hello
My question is about the card militia's pride. I am wondering if you have one creature attacking can you pay the one white mana more then once to have more creatures attacking with him. I am asking this because most ability's you can use more then once are followed by a colon after the mana cost but this one has a period after it so can you pay it only once. Also would this be applied to other cards as well if there is a period following the mana cost.

Abilities with colons in them are Activated Abilities. Since the ability on Militia's Pride starts with "Whenever", it's a triggered ability. Each nontoken creature you control that attacks triggers it once, and when you resolve each trigger, you choose to pay W or not. The new tokens you generate, apart from not being nontoken, also don't trigger any ability that triggers when creatures attack, as they enter the battlefield already attacking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Uppercut
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up a while back at a friend's house with Kalastria Highborn. As you could imagine, the card was absolutely ridiculous with the wrong interpretation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Santiago wrote:
blue bomber wrote:
Hello

Abilities with colons in them are Activated Abilities. Since the ability on Militia's Pride starts with "Whenever", it's a triggered ability. Each nontoken creature you control that attacks triggers it once, and when you resolve each trigger, you choose to pay W or not. The new tokens you generate, apart from not being nontoken, also don't trigger any ability that triggers when creatures attack, as they enter the battlefield already attacking.

This is a great explanation, spot on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.