Dominion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tribute on Copper/Gold = +2 coins or +4 coins? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I Q
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I use the Tribute card and my wife reveals (and discards) Copper and Gold, do I get +4 coins for 2 differently named cards, or only +2 coins because they are the same type of card (treasure)? I think the former, my wife thinks the latter. The above situation is perhaps not quite as hypothetical as I am putting it in this question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Roy
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get +2 coins twice for a total of +4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The names are "copper" and "gold", not "treasure". Treasure is the type. The names are different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion:Intrigue rule book wrote:
You get bonuses for the types of cards revealed, counting only the different cards. A card with 2 types gives you both bonuses. So if the player to your left reveals Copper and Harem, you get +4 coins and +2 cards; if he reveals 2 Silvers, you just get +2 coins. Curse produces no bonus.

Note that you get two (+2) coin bonuses for revealing two different Treasures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Q
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, to avoid a Pyrrhic victory, what is the nicest way to tell my wife she was wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enfynet enfynet
msg tools
mb
...the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, make sure you've got comfortable pillows and blankets for the couch already, then just tell her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Q
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought her a box of dark chocolates. Everything is cool. Oh, and I am forbidden from using curses in games she is in (although I am free to get rid of curses on me, even if that results in her getting some as collateral damage). Luckily there are a variety of strategies to use!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.