Andre Metelo
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there guys. I know you all lurk in the forum. this week I saw the IOS app, and it does look neat.

I did some search in the game forum, and nothing about an Android port, I was wondering if this is being worked, as it is an instant buy for me, just like Neuroshima Hex when it becomes available.

Thanks, and the preemptive sorry, if duplicate.

Edit - fix subject
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Saaw the IOS app.. pretty need, what about an Android version?
Android ports are usually pretty low priorities, because Android app sales are about 15-20% of sales on the iStore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Metelo
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
Android ports are usually pretty low priorities, because Android app sales are about 15-20% of sales on the iStore.

Statement based on what data? does it take into account the ad revenue?

I remember the Angry Birds claiming the got more from ad-revenue on Android than the sales from the iOS Platform:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Angry-Birds-for-Android-proje...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One app developer says he won't bother with an Android port since it's a whole different platform with too many standards. However, his app is freeware, so I believe that does make a difference.

Another thing is since Android is more robust and more customizable (no "Apple tax" to pay), you have more options in software and games anyway. You can even get homebrew apps on there without having to jailbreak like iOS users have to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
metelo wrote:

Considering mobile ads are also available on the i devices, and that the Ascension developers chose not to use them to obstruct the game interface, I would assume the same decision would be made for a port to our little green buddy.

I have to say, I'm really actually happy that it's not getting ported to Android (yet). All of the games I've seen that are i device ports are horrible, because the developers don't take the time to take advantage of the features available on Android, i.e., more than one button.

Until Android tablets really hit their stride, I don't really see myself using Android as a gaming platform. I really only bother when I have a few minutes when I'm otherwise unoccupied (if you get my meaning). Other than that, if I'm going to game, it'll be on the Xbox or PC, and not on my 4-inch Droid.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Metelo
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CovertDad wrote:
metelo wrote:

Considering mobile ads are also available on the i devices, and that the Ascension developers chose not to use them to obstruct the game interface, I would assume the same decision would be made for a port to our little green buddy.

I have to say, I'm really actually happy that it's not getting ported to Android (yet). All of the games I've seen that are i device ports are horrible, because the developers don't take the time to take advantage of the features available on Android, i.e., more than one button.

Until Android tablets really hit their stride, I don't really see myself using Android as a gaming platform. I really only bother when I have a few minutes when I'm otherwise unoccupied (if you get my meaning). Other than that, if I'm going to game, it'll be on the Xbox or PC, and not on my 4-inch Droid.

ninja

Good points on the screen size. Although I've played both NH and ascension on the iPhone screen, and it wasn't that bad for something really portable (not tablets are not portable in my book if they have a 10" screen, 7 inches, maybe, as they fit in a pocket) but with Android 3.1 close buy (personally I really don't like Honeycomb, too much of a hack and out of the mainline of the code), I'm looking at picking up a transformer for the wife. So it would be nice to have both NH and Ascension, as these are games that My wife actually likes to play.

PC is not an option (other than freeorion!) - I wouldn't mind SC2 and Civ5, but no port for Linux (I know I could use Wine, but it is pretty annoying dealing with it that I don't think it is worth my time). To be honest since the PS2, I really couldn't justify buying a console for games as I coudln't fins a single new release that made me want to play in them. Although, I have 2 wiis for netflix, but then, they have not been used for games in more than 2 years.

Edit - incude Civ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.