Subject: Can you switc HQ's to another unit(s) in passing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emery Gallant
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you switch an HQ from one unit(s) to another unit(s)?

An example in a game I am running online at http://tincangeneral.com:

On Board A, you have 2X Panzer IV's in Hex P07; and 2X PanzerGrenadiers with HQ in Hex O06. The German player moves the 2X Panzer IV’s into Hex O06, pick up HQ, the move to N6, and then to M6; as the PanzerGrenadiers move out of O06, N06, M06, into L0. There is nothing in the rules say that you can't switch off an HQ with simultaneous movement, and to me it only makes sense that you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Maloney
United States
Fort Mohave
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The HQ would have to roll as if it moved independently - at least that is how I play it. They can either move with the unit(s) they are stacked with, or move on their own and suffer a possible loss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emery Gallant
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stehlek wrote:
The HQ would have to roll as if it moved independently - at least that is how I play it. They can either move with the unit(s) they are stacked with, or move on their own and suffer a possible loss.

Interesting....I could see this as a Home Rule variant. Thanks!

For me, I look at it as the HQ or sHQ cannot move on it's own, per the rules....but that said, I ask, "...why not?" I mean, it's either ground pounders with hardware on their shoulders or tin cans with a leadder(s) in them....why couldn't they move? I'd love to hear the rationale behind that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.