Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you get in the deluxe edition that was not in the original 3 small box versions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Shelton
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I cannot located my original box-set Car Wars rules (only the box, maps, and counters). However, looking at my deluxe edition rules (1985) and the Sunday Drivers and Truck Stop rules, it appears that some of the rules were updated (like pedestrians, weapon links, some targeting modifiers, and grenades). I believe some weapons were added from the ADQs (like mini-medium rockets, dropped "guns," VMG, and others). Helicopters (and grasshoppers) were also included, as well as "off road" rules, with my deluxe edition. I cannot recall if these were in the original box set, but I'm pretty sure they were not. Fixed-wing aircraft are not in the deluxe edition (they were in "aeroduel"). The movement is still 10-phase, but rules are given for going faster than 100mph.

In terms of physical components, it is harder for me to determine as all of my maps, counters, etc are all mixed together. Judging by the list of components given with the deluxe edition, it seems that the counters and maps from the previous three boxes are all included. Record sheets were also presented in a slightly different format, as were handling tables, turning keys, and the like.

Some of the art is new, I think, but much is recycled. The Sunday Drivers scenarios are presented, along with some scenarios for the Truck Stop map, in the deluxe edition. More stock cars are given.

I hope that helps. I expect someone else might have a more complete answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the first edition plus Sunday Drivers, Truck Stop, and Expansion 2. Was mostly trying to figure out if the deluxe edition just combined the expansions or whether there was anything new. Sounds like they mostly combined it with a few updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the consolidated rule book, which includes helicopters, 10-wheelers, big rigs, cars, and car trailers. It lacks, however, the detailed descriptions for the midville and truck stop maps.

In later editions, you get the compendium, instead.

All editions included the maps and counters from CW, TS, and Sunday Drivers/Crash City.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came packed with the following...

Jump Start Rules
Compendium
3 4x7 sheets of counters
3 sheets of road sections
3 21x23 maps. 2 combine to make Midville. The last one is Truck Stop.
4 page rules and scenario booklet for use with the map. Road, Arena, Truck Stop, City. And two scenarios. Crusaders and Midville.
A ziplock bag for the counters

Mine also came with
1 fold out Reffrence Screen for the Compendium which included a Jumping and Falling booklet and weapon ad vehicle design data sheets and booklets.
3 water maps
ADQ v10 #3

oh yeah. And a little appology note that they were out of catalogues...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.