Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked the forum and the pdf and I didn't see an answer to this, this doesn't mean that the answer is not there or in the rulebook, it just means that I didn't find an answer.

So here my first questions:

1)I have to stop in an objective at the end of the round to claim that objective mine? or I can claim it even when the movement of the unit finished beyond the objective but passing through it.
Example... I have a squad, that move 4 hex, but pass over an objective in its first hex, then it continues on his advance action until it completes the move. Is it right to put my nation token there (at the beginning of the command face)?.

2) Is there a limit for LOS?
Example... Mortar can fire over a target that is seeing by itself or by another friendly unit. If the friendly unit is at a border in the map, and the possible target is far far away from this friendly unit, still count as been in LOS, and the mortar, that is even closer than the friendly unit that see the target, can fire ?

3) Is there any way to remove a tank trap?
4) Is there any way to remove an entrenchment?

5) If I am moving through a road, and I have 2 road moves more... can I go out of the road hex?
I am asking it because if the truck is using 1/3 of movement, but the moves on the road left are less than 1/3, it seems to me that can't get out to of the road because it should return to a 1/1 movement and it has no enough moves in the road to return to the normal movement.

6)If a squad is pinned or disrupted, can the attacker to choose a normal attack, or is mandatory to continue with suppressing fire?

Well, sorry by my English, I am from Buenos Aires Argentina, and I have the rules in English, may be I have some problems reading it.
Thank you.
Eduardo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ecominguez wrote:
1)I have to stop in an objective at the end of the round to claim that objective mine? or I can claim it even when the movement of the unit finished beyond the objective but passing through it.

You must have a unit in the objective hex at the end of the round to claim it. Specifically, control over objectives is determined at the beginning of the Command Phase, which occurs after all actions in the Action Phase. Control is gained by having a unit in a hex at that time. See the rulebook, page 14. Note that if there are no units in an objective hex, control of that objective is left unchanged.

Quote:
2) Is there a limit for LOS?

For spotting for mortars, I'm pretty sure the answer is no: Anybody can spot if they have unobstructed line of sight, even if it's clear across the map.

Quote:
5) If I am moving through a road, and I have 2 road moves more... can I go out of the road hex?

I'm assuming that what you mean here is that you have 2/3 of a movement point (2/3 MP) left. In that case, no, you can't leave the road. You pay MP costs to enter a new hex. If you don't have sufficient MP remaining, you can't enter the hex. This is no different to reaching the bottom of a hill or the edge of a woods with 1 MP remaining; you can't enter those hexes, even though you still have some MP left, because you must pay the entire MP cost to enter the hex.

Quote:
6)If a squad is pinned or disrupted, can the attacker to choose a normal attack, or is mandatory to continue with suppressing fire?

You may choose normal or suppressive fire separately for every attack. If they're already pinned, go ahead and try to kill them if you want. You may want to note one thing, however: If a squad is disrupted, it will only take one more hit from a suppresive attack to rout the squad, which eliminates the squad entirely from the game even if it's still a full four-figure squad. So while you could choose a normal attack against a disrupted squad, you quite possibly don't want to!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ceej wrote:
ecominguez wrote:

I'm assuming that what you mean here is that you have 2/3 of a movement point (2/3 MP) left. In that case, no, you can't leave the road. You pay MP costs to enter a new hex. If you don't have sufficient MP remaining, you can't enter the hex. This is no different to reaching the bottom of a hill or the edge of a woods with 1 MP remaining; you can't enter those hexes, even though you still have some MP left, because you must pay the entire MP cost to enter the hex.

Yes you understood me very well!.
Thanks a lot for all your answers!, I am happy because all of them matched my common sense, it means that I am understanding the game cool

About the question #3, the rule book didn't help me, it seems that the tank trap is there like a hill, no way to remove it. But I am not sure. in the meantime I will take it as fixed terrain.
Thanks again.
Eduardo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the only way to remove tanks traps is if the "remove tanks traps" operation card is in play in the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill jaffe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark you are correct tank traps may only be removed by the remove tank trap card.
bill jaffe
skinsfan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your answers.
Eduardo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.