9 Posts

Earth Reborn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Turn order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenny
msg tools
mb
Can someone elaborate to me how turn order is done? For 2-player scenario and 4-player scenario...

As in for 2p
-Norad's move - activate a character - (end turn or can activate another character?)

For 4p- eg scenario 1
-3 different players on Norad and one player controlling Salemite
-When it comes to Salemite, he can only activate one character or activate as many as he wants until he passes or is out of CP?

Also, the replenishing of CP...I'm totally uncertain of this. Can someone give an example of how much CP is replenished per turn?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
For 2 players:
Norad activates ONE character and places (or not) a tile on the character and assigns (or not) CP onto that tile (or previously placed tile on that character) in order to do one or several actions.

After Norad has activated one character, it's Salemite's turn to activate one character.

Note that all characters on one team have to be activated at least once each before any character on that team can be activated for the second time. Once all characters in a team has been activated once, you can use the same character several times in a row.

For 4 players:
Unless stated otherwise, it's the same thing, only you're several players. Player 1 activates ONE of his characters, and places (or doesn't) a tile on it and assigns (or doesn't) CP on the tile(s) on that character in order to do one or several stuff.

Then it's the next player's turn to do something with one of his characters. Of course, if the scenario has another turn order, then that's stated.

Each player can only activate ONE character per turn. You can't activate more. You are limited to ONE character per turn, and placing ONE tile on the activated character. There is no limit as to how many CP you may place onto the tile(s) the character has (except the limit stated on the tiles, of course).

Replenishing of CP:
Once all players can't or won't do more (because they're run out of tiles and/or CP) the ROUND ends. At the end of each ROUND, do the Final Phase, and then begin a new ROUND. The replenishing of CP is done in the initiative phase of each ROUND. The scenario states how many CP each side gets.

Example:
ROUND 1. Norad gets 12 CP, Salemite gets 12 CP.
Norad turn 1: Norad activates Vasquez, places a tile on her and places 2 CP for movement and does 2 movement actions.
Salemite turn 1: Salemite activates Zombie 1 and assigns a tile to it but doesn't place any CP on the tile.
Norad turn 2: Norad can't activate Vasquez, because James Woo hasn't been activated yet. Norad activates Woo, but doesn't assign any tile to him.
Salemite turn 2: Salemite activates Zombie 2 and assigns a tile to it and places 2 CP on movement.
Norad turn 3: Both Norad characters have been activated now, so Norad can activate whoever. Norad activates Vasquez and places a tile with a shooting order, and places 1 CP on that shooting order and 1 CP on another shooting order on the previous tile, causing Vasquez to shoot twice.
Salemite turn 3: Salemite can't activate either Zombie, because he has Kendall left to activate. He activates Kendall and places a tile with movement on and places 2 CP on movement.
Norad turn 4: Norad's tiles suck elephant's dick so he spends 1 CP to buy a random tile from the bag.
Salemite turn 4: Salemite has now activated all characters, and may thius activate Zombie 1 again. He places a tile with close combat, and places 2 CP on close combat and 1 on movement on the previous tile Zombie 1 had, and moves 3 steps and performs an empowered close combat order. Salemite now has 5 CP left.

And so on, until both have run out of CP or tiles or simply don't want to move any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lederer
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
As in for 2p
-Norad's move - activate a character - (end turn or can activate another character?)

Activate a character, optionally place an order tile, optionally play CP on as many orders on tiles in front of that character as you want, then play passes to your opponent for his activation round, then back to you.

Quote:
For 4p- eg scenario 1
-When it comes to Salemite, he can only activate one character or activate as many as he wants until he passes or is out of CP?

One character, same as Norad players - but he gets an activation round in-between each Norad player activation round.

Quote:
Also, the replenishing of CP...I'm totally uncertain of this. Can someone give an example of how much CP is replenished per turn?

After both sides have passed, each player gets back the starting CP specified by the scenario, plus the total bonus CP listed on any of their characters who are still alive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: I got double-ninja'd! Read if you want a third explanation

I happen to have the rulebook open, so let's see if I can help you with these.
bishamoten wrote:

As in for 2p

Both players do the Initiative and Final Phases once a turn. These phases are pretty fixed in length. The Activation Phase consists of players performing rounds on after the other, until both players pass in succession. (see top of page 6).
Note: The words turn and round threw me a bit off when I first read the rules. A turn is Initiative, Activation and Final Phases. A round is one player's (activation) turn.
During a player's round, he can choose any of the 5 actions listed on page 6. After he has done on of these, it is the other player's round, and so on. Please study the different actions carefully
(But yeah, it's not possible to activate multiple characters in a single round/turn/(you know, action...), until you start to play with the Combination rules found on page 31.)
bishamoten wrote:

For 4p- eg scenario 1

I've understood that rules for 3/4 player scenario play are not found in the game's rulebook, but in a supplemental PDF called "Multi-Player Game Modes". I'm looking at it now, and it is pretty much saying that the scenario should tell you what the order of play is.
Now, I have the 3/4 player scenario 1 printed here, let me see.
During the Activation Phase, the order of play is (according to the chapter "Order of Play") Norad 1, Salemite, Norad 2, Salemite, Norad 3, Salemite, (repeated). And of course, it depends on who has the initiative, so the Salemite player could go first, but that doesn't really change that sequence, now does it
bishamoten wrote:

Turn to page 5. In the Initiative phase, "Obtaining Command Points (CP)", each player draws CP tokens to behind his screen, until he has { Scenario's base CP allowance + His characters' CP bonuses combined (only live ones! } CP tokens behind his screen. Therefore it is beneficial to use up all of your CP tokens during the Activation Phase, since you always start the next Activation Phase with a semi-fixed amount of them.
Please note: This explanation isn't actually totally correct, it seems. You draw that amount of CP tokens during the Initiative phase, but you discard all CP tokens from play, including behind screens, during the Final Phase (see page 7), so it's effectively the same.

If anyone sees errors in this, please correct me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny
msg tools
mb
thanks for the guide. this now seems very unfair for Salemite's faction for 4p on Scenario 1...because he can only activate one character per turn while Norad can activate 3 characters (since there are 3 players on that side according to the scenario).

Let me explain a little on how my first game went with my friends. I was Salemite.

Norad characters: Nick Boster, Lt. Vasquez, James Woo
Salemite: Jessica Holster, Jeff Deeler, Jack Saw

Salemite: Activate Jessica Holster, move, end
Norad 1: activate Lt Vasquez, move, break door, got KEY, end
Norad 2: activate Nick Boster, move, break door, reveal Zombie 1, end
Norad 3: activate James Woo, move, break door, reveal Zombie 2, end

Salemite: activate Jeff Deeler, fight Nick Boster...damage, end
Norad 1: move Lt Vasquez, move, open door, found Cherokee Bill, end
Norad 2: activate Cherokee Bill, move, end.
Norad 3: re-activate Cherokee Bill (still same activation phase), move, end.
Salemite: activate Jack Saw, move, end.
(at this point, all players pass...we replenish CP and order tiles)

Salemite: activate Zombie 2, move, atk, end
Norad 1: activate Lt. Vasquez, does nothing & save CP, end.
Norad 2: activate Nick Boster, does nothing & save CP, end.
Norad 3: activate James Woo, does nothing & save CP, end.

Salemite: activate Jack Saw, move to exit door (to wait), end.
Norad 1: activate Cherokee Bill, move, end.
Norad 2: re-activate Cherokee Bill, move, end...by this time he has already reached the door and max 6CP.
Salemite: I can't re-activate Jack Saw even though he's very near Cherokee Bill coz the other characters haven't been activated. So I activate a random character and end turn.
(everybody pass again...end turn, replenish CP and order tiles)

Salemite: Activate Jack Saw, attacks Cherokee Bill...not enough to kill.

Salemite: Activate another character...nowhere near Cherokee Bill...end.
Norad 2: re-activate Cherokee Bill, move...PRISON BREAK!

so, u see my complication here...in this 4p game, all 3 Norad players can just move Cherokee Bill again and again until he escapes the map whilest I have to obey the rules of activating a character per turn. I didn't get a chance to re-activate any of my characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny
msg tools
mb
Hello there Aki, didn't see your reply when I was halfway posting mine. Looks like we got it really wrong with the order of play there (ARGH! Wasted 2 hours!)

Thanks a lot, your explanation helped me understand this game a lot better. Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
man lying down on job voluntarily
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly, doesn't the Salemite get to go in between each of the NORAD players? So they will be going three times while each of you are going once over the course of a round...

bishamoten wrote:
thanks for the guide. this now seems very unfair for Salemite's faction for 4p on Scenario 1...because he can only activate one character per turn while Norad can activate 3 characters (since there are 3 players on that side according to the scenario).

Let me explain a little on how my first game went with my friends. I was Salemite.

Norad characters: Nick Boster, Lt. Vasquez, James Woo
Salemite: Jessica Holster, Jeff Deeler, Jack Saw

Salemite: Activate Jessica Holster, move, end
Norad 1: activate Lt Vasquez, move, break door, got KEY, end
Norad 2: activate Nick Boster, move, break door, reveal Zombie 1, end
Norad 3: activate James Woo, move, break door, reveal Zombie 2, end

Salemite: activate Jeff Deeler, fight Nick Boster...damage, end
Norad 1: move Lt Vasquez, move, open door, found Cherokee Bill, end
Norad 2: activate Cherokee Bill, move, end.
Norad 3: re-activate Cherokee Bill (still same activation phase), move, end.
Salemite: activate Jack Saw, move, end.
(at this point, all players pass...we replenish CP and order tiles)

Salemite: activate Zombie 2, move, atk, end

Salemite: activate Jack Saw, move to exit door (to wait), end.
Norad 2: re-activate Cherokee Bill, move, end...by this time he has already reached the door and max 6CP.
Salemite: I can't re-activate Jack Saw even though he's very near Cherokee Bill coz the other characters haven't been activated. So I activate a random character and end turn.
(everybody pass again...end turn, replenish CP and order tiles)

Salemite: Activate Jack Saw, attacks Cherokee Bill...not enough to kill.

Salemite: Activate another character...nowhere near Cherokee Bill...end.
Norad 2: re-activate Cherokee Bill, move...PRISON BREAK!

so, u see my complication here...in this 4p game, all 3 Norad players can just move Cherokee Bill again and again until he escapes the map whilest I have to obey the rules of activating a character per turn. I didn't get a chance to re-activate any of my characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crunk_posby wrote:
If I remember correctly, doesn't the Salemite get to go in between each of the NORAD players? So they will be going three times while each of you are going once over the course of a round...

That's certainly what the rules says:
"Sequence of Play: The Salemite Player plays after each NORAD Player."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny
msg tools
mb
haha, yep, we did it wrongly. First game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.