Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Star trek enterprise solo game 6 and 7

I’ve moved on the captain level, yellow alert level,

1st short session : this time out was with Bones and Uhura a solid victory, but a tactic I’m wary off being to good time will tell, Uhura got pummelled in the rebel cross fire losing 6 clicks! She was pretty much out the rest of the game kept on turning over the trap cards so instead mainly used her action to give her cards to Bones, Bones had all the crew and sauntered round most of the missions,
I’m recording the score all in the top boxes 60 and the abc of the story, CAC

I wondered where it was easier or harder with a full team so my 2nd game was very exciting, with 4 the time is more pressing, and its hard to shake out enough crew to the right people and the beam hold was a nightmare,

Arriving in orbit the Klingons attacked, Kirk immediately went to look for Klingon evidence on the planet while spock surveyed the plant from space, and bones and Uhura went for ship upgrades, the energy crisis came 1st but bones was on fire double7 for several rolls! And an away team crew of medial and scientist, Uhura got bogged down with dilithum transports so instead feed the other crew energize cards, Kirk also got trapped in a Klingon ambush in which Spock with the security force rescued him receiving a vital ship upgrade, the tokens where passed around the close nit team and bones sent back to ship to install them, it was day 7 and the ship was dire state despite shield upgrades the Klingon ship harassed us into retreat, spoke found the rebel ambush just in time and managed to find the best clues to further the plot, however the Dilithium mine proved my down fall both Bones and Spock had to take failures here even expending down 0 clicks! To many rolls of 7 and lose click card came up, The dead lines had passed on the major stories it still seemed winnable the team had good crew cards but and managed to repair the ship all the crew where on the ship to swap token and to beable to beam down to there specific areas of the plant, the plots had been qite spread out this time,
But we didn’t want to concede more ground, it was a titanic battle at close range thurst and parry for several turns, both our massive attacks where disabled it was 2 limping giants circling each other,
How ever Kick pushed the ship to far he rolled a 7 and the enterprise took the final sacrifice with all onboard!,

Summary:
There where a lot of hard choices in this game while still feelign light, I lost but it was fun, despite the upgrades I was still losing in starship battles so sacrificed the tokens for short term wins, if I didnt roll 7 or had a reroll card I think I could have taken the warbird down and taken back some points and taken the missions are a leisurely pace, I was on for a BBA win im sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Weed
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
how sweet the sound...
badge
Fear The Hat !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the game is easier with fewer players. It may scale better to have a solo or 2 characters play only the red difficulty and 3-4 play the yellow. I know the rules state that a player may use multiple characters, I'm wondering if playing all 4 characters should be required, despite the number of players? Not sure yet, this is a good excuse for more plays.

Thanks for the report.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.