Europe Engulfed» Forums » Rules

Subject: Occupying Vichy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarek Westermark
msg tools
mb
Hey!
If Germany looses Bordeaux, op moving into Marseille only becomes impossible, so you can't occupy Vichy France. Correct?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, you'll need to throw the Allies out to sea on your own from the north and trust your French 'allies' to defend their own country from Western-Allied aggression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Westermark
msg tools
mb
Thanks for that, I wasn't sure. I dont think the Vichy French inflicted a single casualty in all of our games. They do make fine wine though.

Also, would an airborne assault count as an op move for the purpouse of Vichy occupation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Westermark
msg tools
mb
Hey!
I'm having some trouble starting a new post, so I'm just going to put these right here, hope thats ok:

1. Does Baku still give russians werps even after the fall of Grozny?

2. Can the allies buy ASW for american werps?

3. When playing the '39 campaign, there is nothing stopping a russian player from having a heavy fort in moscow by jul-aug '41. Correct?

This last bit seems obvious and I can't find any rules to make this incorrect, but it just seems to make the germans life so much harder, I thought I'd ask :]

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes

2. Yes, after the US is in the war, still only one increase per year though.

3. Nothing stopping them, you'll likely find yourself missing those infantry steps, but let us know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Westermark
msg tools
mb
Thanks very much Rick!

I actually built that heavy fort my last game, put all my forces in Moscow and Ladoga (with speedbumps in other teritories). The psychological effect was such that the german player never even atempted to take Moscow. He took the Baku route but didn't commit to it fully (as he had a lot of infantry tied up in the swamps). By the end of summer '42 he actually did try a makeshift attack on moscow (having taken every field in Russia except for the capital, Ladoga and Baku), but failed miserably, thanks to the fort.

A wallied invasion finished the job.

I'll be playing germany next and I fully expect a heavy fort in Moscow. I guess I'll be smashing into it asap, not to let the russians build up a sizeable deffense there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.