Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the heroes recieve a free hero card at start due to not starting in a building?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If the starting point printed on the Hero card isn't in play, yes. That's not always in a building - although I can't remember the Hero Pack specifically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have been more specific. There is only one scenario in Hero Pack 1 and it specifies that all heroes start in the town center.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, right. I can't remember that being specifically addressed - maybe someone else has seen an official clarification. But I'd say, yes, they get a card.

EDIT: I just checked the scenario - the Heroes get a card from the starting conditions, I do not think they get another from not starting in their default locations. Only 1 card each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
msg tools
mb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
Ah, right. I can't remember that being specifically addressed - maybe someone else has seen an official clarification. But I'd say, yes, they get a card.

EDIT: I just checked the scenario - the Heroes get a card from the starting conditions, I do not think they get another from not starting in their default locations. Only 1 card each.

I think you are correct, but we have argued this a lot. Tell me what you think:

Our argument over this rule was when one of us grabbed the sheriff at the start of Hunt For Survivors and placed him at the truck at the center of town. He got his revolver and an additional card for not starting in the police station and since one of the bonuses for the scenario is "Hero Starting Cards (1") he got an additional card to those he already started with giving him a total of 2 Hero Deck draws and his revolver. All of the other heroes did the same until everyone had their starting items and a total of 2 hero deck cards since the "Hero Starting Cards (1)" states that you get "an extra free Hero Deck card in addition to any they would normally start with...(or if their Start Location is not on the board etc)" and we were all in the center of town, not in our Character Card's listed building. The zombie team looked at the scenario because they thought this was an unfair advantage. We then discussed and came to the conclusion that the heroes' starting location is actually on the game board because the scenario states all heroes start at the truck. Which means that all the heroes get only (1) starting card plus and items listed on their character card.

Please comment we are still debating this.

I am the lone dissenter, to me it seems that is not taking advantage of the 2 Dots that the "Hero Starting Cards (1)" has to offer since starting in the middle of town would give you one card anyway, there are no scenario search items to hoard, and it would really nice to get an extra card. As heroes I don't think we've ever won this scenario and I think this would help us.

Also, let's say that the police station is on the game board, but the sheriff is still starting at the truck as per the scenario rules. Could this be interpreted that since the police station is there he doesn't get an extra card (2nd hero deck draw)?? Please help..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your thoughts on this one. The argument is a bit more complicated though. If the Sheriff is selected and the police station is on the board, then he would not get the extra card because his building is in play.

If it was not on the board, then he would get the extra card, even though he didn't start there.

That's the real weirdness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.