Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Elam
United States
Winchester
Kentucky
flag msg tools
The rules state:
"After the draw stack is exhausted for the second time (when all cards are in the game), the current game turn is finished, giving the second player the last chance to act (equal number of turns for both players).

If both players "pass" one after the other in their respective turns during auction 4, the game ends prematurely."

Just to make sure I understand... the second statement is only in effect as a game ending condition after the draw stack is exhausted for the second time. In other words the game does not end any time both players pass prior the draw stack being exhausted for that second time.
Thanks,
Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game ends either:
1. "After the draw stack is exhausted for the second time (when all cards are in the game), the current game turn is finished, giving the second player the last chance to act (equal number of turns for both players)."

Or earlier, as soon as:
2. "If both players "pass" one after the other in their respective turns during auction 4, the game ends prematurely."

The usual game end is 1. If both players used a lot of their cards for the special abilities, sometimes they both pass and end the game before thedraw stack is exhausted the second time.

Have fun with Famiglia,

Henning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Elam
United States
Winchester
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick response! Looking forward to playing it. Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CoB CoB
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, yesterday I played Famiglia for the first time and I still have a doubt about the game end: the premature game end (pass-pass) may happen also before the draw stack is exhausted for the first time? Or only after the deck is shuffled and Action 1 is changed?
Thank you, bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
cob1972 wrote:
Hi, yesterday I played Famiglia for the first time and I still have a doubt about the game end: the premature game end (pass-pass) may happen also before the draw stack is exhausted for the first time? Or only after the deck is shuffled and Action 1 is changed?
Thank you, bye

I don't see anything in the rules (or Henning's statements above) to indicate that there's any limit on when this can happen.

Each player may pass in their turn, whether they've been through the deck once or twice or not at all. And if both players pass one after the other, the game ends. Action 1 changing makes no difference to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CoB CoB
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had this doubt reading the rules sheet, since the premature game end is explained immediately after the sentence starting with "After the draw stack is exhausted for the second time": I thought that the game should be in the "second phase".
Thank you, bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
cob1972 wrote:
I've had this doubt reading the rules sheet, since the premature game end is explained immediately after the sentence starting with "After the draw stack is exhausted for the second time": I thought that the game should be in the "second phase".

Yes, but it's a separate paragraph from the one starting "After the draw stack is exhausted for the second time".

Those two paragraphs describe the two ways the game can end. One is what happens after the draw stack is exhausted for the second time. The other is how the game can end prematurely (i.e. before that point).

What you're calling the "second phase" is after the draw stack has been exhausted once. There's no mention of that in the game end conditions.

Quote:
Thank you, bye

You're welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludo Laudo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
I have the same question, since I always end the game with the "premature game", since one of the players always uses too many special abilities' cards. The game turns out confused when one of the players is out of resources to play and decides to pass, and the other player can play 2 oe 3 more rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.