Dominion» Forums » Variants

Subject: Spouse rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I Q
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
House rules specifically designed for marital peace.

My friend has one with the randomizers: Everyone gets a veto either to replace a randomly drawn kingdom card with another one, or to "protect" a kingdom card from another's veto (it would require two vetos on one card to overrule a protection-veto).

Mine is simpler: My wife doesn't want me to use curses on her so I promised not to (I reserve the right to get rid of curses used on me, even if that means transferring them to her, but I won't directly curse someone).

Any others out there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniƫl Muilwijk
Netherlands
Zeist
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We randomly pick ten cards, then she has the right to remove as most as two kingdom cards, which are replaced randomly. And yes, she always removes the Witch in such cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Wisniewski
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Find me on Twitter @bgg_geraldkw
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife doesn't like the curses either. It probably doesn't help that every time I give her one I say "I curse you, I curse you!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
geraldkw wrote:
My wife doesn't like the curses either. It probably doesn't help that every time I give her one I say "I curse you, I curse you!"

Things like this make me appreciate my wife all the more.

There are no spouse specific rules for us, because none are needed.
Then again, this is what happens when you meet your wife through a weekly RPG group.

That aside, the setup 'house rule' that everyone in the greater KC area that I have played Dominion with is the same. Deal 10 random cards PLUS one extra card per player. Thus, for a 4 player game, deal 14 random cards to start. Each player vetos one card. The remaining 10 cards are then our play set. Witch doesn't see much play, but it will stay in if a MORE obnoxious card comes out. Embargo for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We usually play setups that are thought out and "balanced" instead of randomized. For instance, we'd craft a setup that is all about gardens and making them even more awesome, or a setup that is themed around Star Trek, or cards with no +action, or cards with no +cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Higginbotham
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When playing with cards like possession or tribute, I cannot sit with him to my left. When playing with curse cards (especially familiar) a defense card like Moat or Watchtower must be in the supply. Other than that, there are no problems.

The problem with possession and tribute came with the first game we had where possession was in the supply. I ended up throne rooming it on two separate turns, which also happened to be the only turns during the game that he happened to have 8 coin in hand. It took two months before he would even agree to allowing the card back into play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
only 1 rule that my wife actually came up with - After the last game winning card is taken (be it the 3 supply gone or the last province card) the other player/players get 1 more turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.