Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any updates on the release date? It's now approaching mid-July and was wondering...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On CSW Gene announced that there will be more news this week. The last date range mentioned was from the 20th to the 25th of this month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
AllenDoum wrote:
On CSW Gene announced that there will be more news this week. The last date range mentioned was from the 20th to the 25th of this month.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as they are gathering names for WBC pickup, at latest we are looking at a release at WBC (along with No Retreat!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M.
Kazakhstan
Astana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was notified yesterday that my order was shipped. So it's on !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
Has anyone else received a shipping notice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Rustin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a shipping notice, but I'm not certain if it was for Space Empires or for C3i. I would have thought that GMT would have sent an e-mail saying that they'd started shipping though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Colonel FUBAR wrote:

Good Gravy please let this be true...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
Colonel FUBAR wrote:

Good Gravy please let this be true...

Not necessarily, as he is in France!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a shipping notice a couple of days ago too but it was for C3i (you can check the order number to work out which it is). There's a thread somewhere about C3i that says they just sent out all the international orders so that may be what other people have got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Talked to GMT customer service chat and they said the following:

Antanette:
Space Empires looks like it will be shipping mid August. I do apologize about this delay. We aren't expecting the rest of the components for another two weeks or so.

Oh well, at least its coming and I've been very pleased with how well GMT has been communicating delay info actually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Noakes
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrono280 wrote:
Talked to GMT customer service chat and they said the following:

Antanette:
Space Empires looks like it will be shipping mid August. I do apologize about this delay. We aren't expecting the rest of the components for another two weeks or so.

Oh well, at least its coming and I've been very pleased with how well GMT has been communicating delay info actually.

Argh. That sucks. Was hoping to have it shipped to my parents' address in Canada and pick it up when I visit this July/August. That doesn't seem possible now.

I've got to say, living in the UK makes the whole P500 thing kind of pointless. The cost of shipping more than ofsets any savings made by preordering....

-Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gene Billingsley of GMT posted this on the ConsimWorld forum today:

"I am flying home tonight, guys, so should be able to check status in the morning and get you an update later tomorrow.

Take Care,

Gene"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the USD/EUR exchange rate. Ordering from GMT directly I get the P500 discount and have to pay $16 shipping, plus €10 customs inspection fee at the door. If I order from UGG in Germany I get 15% P500 discount, pay about €8 shipping, and no fee at the door. When the dollar goes up, GMT becomes less attractive, when the dollar goes back to it's true value GMT becomes slightly cheaper. And getting the game directly from GMT is faster too. But I just don't like having to rely on the whim of the Forex speculators, and always keeping cash next to the door for deliveries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Stewart
Canada
Sudbury
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some new updates on Facebook about how Space Empires is coming along:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/GMT-Games/184579104920069
Sounds like the board is on it's way from China now. August 8-10 is when they are estimating shipping for P500 orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M.
Kazakhstan
Astana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooops blush

I didn't check the order number and it was indeed for C3i.

Sorry for the false alarm blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2nd week of August is the current estimate from Gene. Along with No Retreat and Sekigahara.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thel Schuhart
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YARGGHHHHHHHH. cry The anticipation is killing me. Plus, now it won't be home in time for my little vacation!!!! sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Blinkinsop
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT Games wrote:
As most of you know, the floods in China caused a big problem with our mounted board shipments about a month ago. I posted an update a couple weeks back that let you know that the boards have now shipped to us (albeit a couple weeks later than we anticipated) and that we think we'll be able to ship both Space Empires and No Retreat! roughly August 8-10.

(From the July 23rd update email.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Foley
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Actually, since there are so many orders for the game, GMT announced that the pre-orders may take until Aug. 20th to complete. Since I was late to the party, I imagine I will be among those who has to wait until late Aug. to see it. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SHIPPING UPDATE:

I just got an email from GMT saying they will be shipping out on August 8th, 9th and 10th for Space Empires!

So less than a week until they start going out!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
I have not. That is ominous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doubtofbuddha wrote:

At the bottom of the email, it said "P.S. If Jesse Dean asks, don't tell him anything"...

lol... I actually got the email from them about something else entirely and at the end of it they put a note that they were shipping Space Empires starting on the 8th, I don't think it was a general email that everyone would have gotten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilcoxon
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
doubtofbuddha wrote:

Last I heard was

GMT July 23 update wrote:

As most of you know, the floods in China caused a big problem with our mounted board shipments about a month ago. I posted an update a couple weeks back that let you know that the boards have now shipped to us (albeit a couple weeks later than we anticipated) and that we think we'll be able to ship both Space Empires and No Retreat! roughly August 8-10.

That timeframe still looks about right, though because we have so many orders for those, expect that it will take us ten days or so to get all the P500s shipped out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.