Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Needing some help here. I recently nabbed a copy of this game, 1956 edition, at a thrift store. I have looked at Spielboy.com (nothing), ebay (nothing), and all over the internet (searching Little Black Sambo game or African-American Americana.

Here is what I have found:
* The game is complete; board, spinner, 4 plastic tokens
* One antiques site has a copy at $300+
* Two auction sites (not ebay) had copies back in 2006/2008 with starting bids of $200-$300. No information if they sold.
* I know the game has more historical/collector value than game value

The box lid has three split corners and some minor graphic peeling on the edges, but the maiin graphic is in great condition. The board has no stains, splits or tears. The spiner is in great condition. The box insert has the four plastic tokens taped in with masking tape. The insert also has a hole that appears to have been where the spinner was connected, but I can't find any photographic proof to support my conjecture. The box bottom has some caving but the corners are all tight.

So what I'm needing to know is:

Do I throw it on ebay & hope for the best?
Do I try to find someone to appraise it?
Any ideas as to what my next step should be in order to get the best dollar return on my investment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say if you're gonna ebay it, put it under the heading of Cultures & Ethnicities and subheading Black Americana. You could cross-list it with the board games for an additional fee, but generally it's not gamers that are wanting to collect this item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.