Subject: Rule book typos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Brownsill
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have had a read of the rules and think I've found a couple of typos. So just wanted to clarify that they are typos and I haven't just not understood something.

Page 17 - 3.8 Major Companies, the example is this :

"In phase 5, Bob starts the FMS as a major company setting the price at L.110. He immediately pays L.220 for the
presidential certificate, this money flows into the FMS treasury. In his following turns in the stock round,
Alan buys a
further three certificates in the FMS paying L.330 in total to the FMS treasury. The FMS has not floated yet (only
50% shares sold). Later Alan comes to the rescue and buys a certificate in the FMS paying L.110 to the company
treasury. The company has floated (60% shares sold) and will operate in the following operating rounds. The stock round
ends. The FMS has L.660 in the treasury and seven tokens (one of them in Cagliari), Bob has 50% in shares of the
company, Alan has 10% shares in the company. There are four remaining certificate in the Initial Offer. The price of the
FMS on the stock market is L.110.
"

I take it Alan should actually read Bob.

Pages 19 & 20 - 3.12 Operations at the beginning of a stock round. The 3 actions are downgrade mines, adjust the company's rank and convert to a major company. In the example on page 20 it starts :

"The game is in phase 5. At the end of a stock
round, the RCSF rank moves down one row entering the red region of the chart
"

I take it that end should in fact read beginning.

I have understood the rules correctly and these are just typos aren't they
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Lala
United Kingdom
Weston-Super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
badge
Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pogle wrote:
Have had a read of the rules and think I've found a couple of typos. So just wanted to clarify that they are typos and I haven't just not understood something.

Page 17 - 3.8 Major Companies, the example is this :

"In phase 5, Bob starts the FMS as a major company setting the price at L.110. He immediately pays L.220 for the
presidential certificate, this money flows into the FMS treasury. In his following turns in the stock round,
Alan buys a
further three certificates in the FMS paying L.330 in total to the FMS treasury. The FMS has not floated yet (only
50% shares sold). Later Alan comes to the rescue and buys a certificate in the FMS paying L.110 to the company
treasury. The company has floated (60% shares sold) and will operate in the following operating rounds. The stock round
ends. The FMS has L.660 in the treasury and seven tokens (one of them in Cagliari), Bob has 50% in shares of the
company, Alan has 10% shares in the company. There are four remaining certificate in the Initial Offer. The price of the
FMS on the stock market is L.110.
"

I take it Alan should actually read Bob.

Pages 19 & 20 - 3.12 Operations at the beginning of a stock round. The 3 actions are downgrade mines, adjust the company's rank and convert to a major company. In the example on page 20 it starts :

"The game is in phase 5. At the end of a stock
round, the RCSF rank moves down one row entering the red region of the chart
"

I take it that end should in fact read beginning.

I have understood the rules correctly and these are just typos aren't they

Yeah, these are typos.
Incredible... checking and re-checking everything a dozen times and still there are small flaws appearing. Sorry for that. I will add it to the errata section on the GG website.
thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.