Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Hey guys. I just finished my first game and boy did I pull off some crazy stuff. That writeup is coming later but first I want to make sure I played a rule correctly and also I'm going to throw a few meaningless questions to start an argum-ahem a discussion.

I got Lizardmen as my second race (My current favorite SWU race, you'll see why soon in the write-up)

By my interpretation I could, when adjacent to a river, practically go to any other region adjacent to the river. The group looked at the rules and we concluded that I could since we didn't see anything in the rules barring travel from river to river and I could go on river regions without needing to conquer it. Is this correct?

Another thing I'd like to ask (didn't actually come up) Gnomes powers I think would prevent Spiderines from considering Gnomes regions adjacent to caverns as being adjacent to Spiderines if the Spiderines weren't physically next to the Gnomes but next to another cavern as the rules bar the great Pipe from leading to the Gnomes and shut down indirect powers.

However Lizardmen also have a movement ability but because of the wording I would say they can attack Gnomes adjacent to the river without needing to do anything special since they are affecting the river region not the Gnome region.

That being said, theoretically speaking now, if Gnomes could remain in the river then Lizardmen would not be able to get free movement through those regions as the gnomes are now on the region the Lizardmen's power works on (impossible situation but I'm covering my bases).

Finally can someone explain to me the rational behind the Gnomes ability? I have to say it's pretty damn good (Though they were at the bottom of the deck in my game so they didn't get picked) but I don't understand the logic behind Gnomes having it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ at http://www.daysofwonder.com/en/msg/?th=22605&start=0

Quote:
Lizardmen
Q. Can the Lizardmen use the river to get from one side of the board to the other?
A. Yes.

Quote:
Q. There are some Gnome tokens on a region bordering a chasm. Can Spiderines attack these Gnomes by DIRECTLY crawling upon them from the chasm?
A. No, they need to first conquer an adjacent non-Gnome region bordering the chasm, and only then attack those Gnomes.

Quote:
Q.Can Lizardmen run over the river to directly conquer a region that is occupied by Gnomes?
A. No, because it would mean that they use their Race Power to conquer a region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
If the balrog is on a river space, that doesn't stop the lizardmen from having full access to both shores, correct? Balrog (or queen, I suppose) prevents conquering, but lizardmen don't conquer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Holden
United States
Wheat Ridge
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
If the balrog is on a river space, that doesn't stop the lizardmen from having full access to both shores, correct? Balrog (or queen, I suppose) prevents conquering, but lizardmen don't conquer?

As far as I can tell, you are correct. The lizardmen skip over the river entirely as opposed to conquering it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.