Legend of the Five Rings» Forums » General

Subject: I seek card counsel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jin Hazeyoko

Tennessee
msg tools
Hello All,

I am a returning player after more than 10 years. The last clan I played was Naga and it's my understanding they aren't even a bona fide clan anymore.

So anyways on to my question.

I want to start buying some boosters and what not to get back into the game, and at the same time I want to future-proof myself the best I can. What are the most recent sets/legal sets that should be good for the next two years?

I was really tempted to buy the CE 15th Starter box I found on ebay for around 60 shipped, but It's my understanding a new "core" set is being released later this year, so that seems like a bad investment. IF that is the case, than my potential follow up purchase of a CE booster box also seems like a bad investment if I'm trying to "future proof" myself.

With that said, it seems my best bet is to hold off on buying the core set until the new one, EE, is released.

So that leads me to ask what my best bet would be regarding which set(s) I need to buy boosters from?

Also, since the forgotten legacy d-t-p set was just released, that seems like a great investment too, or is that not following the 2-year cycle?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
Jingle Bells, Cthanta Smells, I will kick his ass
badge
Because I am an awesome Crab with style, charm and class, oh!
mbmb
Forgotten Legacy is very future-proof - it has cards legal in the arc After Emperor!

Before the Dawn is largely legal in Emperor Edition and a cheap box of Celestial won't hurt - I doubt the rotation will be so great that it's entirely invalidated...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.