Popular Tags: [View All]
Phreaky Hamster
Netherlands
Vinkel
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

I'm visiting Ireland this summer with my significant other ...

We're going to travel around Ireland and I always want to find great boardgamestores, but my SO doesn't (off course ;) )

What are the 3 best boardgamestores in Ireland that I should check out??

Grtz,

Phreakyhamster

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Harasimowicz
Germany
Hilden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know only Other Realms in Paul Street Shopping Centre in Cork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phreaky Hamster
Netherlands
Vinkel
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's one shop ;)

Is it worth checking out??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302/flgs-of-the-world... ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phreaky Hamster
Netherlands
Vinkel
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah nice ... couldn't find that list! THNX

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordy Crozier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Northern Ireland there's two as in no other choice but two. Replay games in Bangor, small town 30 mins outside Belfast and Arkham Gaming Centre which is in Genoe which is 5 mins outside Larne. You can join a game in Arkham on their forum, there's some keen boardgamers down there. There's a board game club in Bangor attached to Replay but it seems younger skewed, but it has a great selection of games and RPGs. Hope that helps and not too late!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phreaky Hamster
Netherlands
Vinkel
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm back ... a bit dissapointed about boardgames in Ireland ...

We got on the Island via Rosslare and made a counterclockwise journey through Ireland.
On one of our first days we went to Cobh (pronounce it as Cove). My girlfriend stepped into a thriftstore to browse for some classic outfits for her photoshoots, I browsed the secondhand books and there I saw Cranium for €2,-. My first game in Ireland on one of the first days ...

We went to Cork, and I had to check out 'Other Realms'. They had 5 boardgames (Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars Monopoly, Axis and Allies and warhammer games). The guy behind the counter told me if I wanted boardgames I had to check out Dublin, probably the only city where they had boardgames ... I didn't give up!

I checked all toystores, thrift stores, department stores, comic-stores and tried looking and asking for boardgamestores in Galway, Skibbereen, Bantry, Killarney, Waterville, Dingle, Killorglin, Tralee, Newport, Westport, Castlebar, Ballina, Boyle, Sligo etc etc. NOTHING!
I talked to a comic-store owner about boardgames and he told me the stores are to small to have a large selection of boardgames, so they order everything and don't have them in the stores. Also are boardgames imported and thus expensive ... (Irish tend to pay €70,- for PS3 games or on Guiness/Murphy's)

Even my girlfriend was sorry for me that I couldn't satisfy my boardgameneeds!

Finally on our last day in Ireland we went to Dublin where I found 2 BIG toystores in Jervis Street. My eyes went big and I rushed to the boardgame section ... hmmm ... Monopoly, Scrabble etc.
I asked where I could find more serious boardgames/wargames in Dublin, they didn't know!
Some time later I saw a puzzle/hobby/kite-store where a geeky-looking guy was behind the counter so I thought he would know where I could get my hands on boardgames (He was staring at my darth-vader shirt, so I got high hopes ;))
He didn't really know but told me to browse through the catalogue of Argus ... and again I only found the monopolies and scrabbles ...

With my head down I walked through the streets of Dublin ... started sobbing when we went back to the car ... we parked on Jervis street and entered it from the other side and there it was .... GAMERSWORLD

A whole side filled with boardgames! WOEI! I saw really nice titles (51st state, Hermagor, Rattus, Horus Heresy, Powergrid, Stronghold etc.) ... My gamersheart was beating very fast!

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything I wanted and I saw the boardgames at home are much cheaper ;)

I'm very lucky to get my hands on almost everything for a very nice price! I see why the Irish spend so much time with their beers ;)

See ya again soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donal Behal

Newtownabbey
Antrim
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope you enjoyed Ireland, not surprised about little selection in Cork which is a pity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I get all my boardgames from toad and troll stateside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.