Subject: My Questions....Tactics & Card Limit Size? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
I just bought this (Cryptmaster) yesterday (I really wish I could buy the original now, but not at 75 bucks).

At any rate, I have a couple of questions. For the most part, I understand what is going on, but these couple of questions I just cannot figure out.

1. This 10-Card (Inn Card) limit. Does the limit pertain only to what is in your HAND, or what is in your HAND and what is EQUIPPED/ATTACHED to your characters?

2. Tactics cards. Are they attacked to characters, or played straight from your hand?

I have actually read both ways for both questions, so I am really not sure about it.

Thanks

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wenzel
United States
Bloomington
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: My Questions....
Crypt master is one of those games where you need to play with people that are open to discussing interpretations of the cards and making new house rules. Our gaming group plays those things this way:

To speed things up we just draw 7 character and keep five (They usually die pretty fast so you don't have that big of an investment).

All cards have to be attached to be used!

Our card rule is hand size is ten, but not including what has been played on your characters (nor do we include the crypt-master cards.

The ten card rule total does apply to inn cards in our games(basically we use the inn when you lost a lot of your stuff which does happen a lot in Tomb.

~ I guess I didn't help you with the official ruling, but gave you sense with how we play and we do play a lot of Tomb!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the rules, the 10-card limit applies to the total of the cards in your hand as well as attached to your characters.

Each fighter, however, gets to attach one item for free that doe snot count against this limit.

To use a Tactic, you must also attach it to a character. However, you may play it from your hand and attach it to use it in the middle of battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.