5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Memoir 44 more than 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David
msg tools
mb
When I searched Memoir it said it goes up to two players. Then it said it's recommended with 2 or more...

The reason why I am asking is because my friend wants a war game with miniatures that is light and can support more than two players. We tried Tide of Iron and that was way too complicated so please do not suggest anything like that.

I heard Memoir was nice and simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules allow the game to be played in teams, but my impression is that the optimal numbers are 2 players or 8 players (using the Operation Overlord rules and scenario).

One out-of-print possibility that is available in the BGG marketplace and occasionally on eBay is the light sci-fi wargame Nexus Ops. Can be played with 2, 3 or 4 or with 2 teams of 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like a little sci-fi in your wargame, the recently released Battleship Galaxies is creating quite a buzz. It can play 2,3, or 4 (2 teams of 2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Memior is only for 2 players unless you want to buy multiple copies. buy additional stuff. See Memoir '44: Operation Overlord for details.

'War games' a bit of a contentious field.

Dust is more of a global wargame rather than a squad based war game but it would be my recommendation. Great with 2 or more comes with a range of simple models. The submarines are fun.

Quite simple to play but providing some very clever options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Memoir '44: Operation:Overlord expansion allow expands the game beyond 2 players, but then you need a scenario pack like Tigers in the Snow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.