Popular Tags: [View All]
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are aware that some of these early sets have color issues on the cloak cards. We had the bulk shipment delayed to correct these issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have unfortunately also encountered this. also if you look at the other reinforcements you will notice the same thing, however less noticable. I beleive it is due to Colby finding a higher quality printer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
screamingtruth wrote:
We are aware that some of these early sets have color issues on the cloak cards. We had the bulk shipment delayed to correct these issues.

all jumped in front of me lol. so does this mean that the colors are off on the early sets? so like the master set factions would have more color distinctions? the shadow elves and deep dwarves seemed to have almost identical dark purple colored cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the early master sets have color variations in the sand goblin and swamp Orc cards. Those are being corrected. There is nothing wrong with the deep dwarves and shadow elves they are both purple but both have clearly different faction symbols.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lakoda wrote:
So what I am hearing is that you knowingly shipped defective product.

Couple that with the smashed master set box I received it is very disappointing. I'll get a picture of that up too, but honestly I was just going to live with it (it doesn't effect game play like the color thing does), but now I'm upset. You sent me a product you knew was deficient...bad form man. Caveat Emptor.

Also, just to be clear, within a deck the colors are very similar. All of the faction deck is this very washed out color and all of the reinforcement cards are (what I'm guessing is) normal deep/vibrant color. The colors are so different that it is 2 completely different colors, not shades of the same color. I will try and get better pictures when I have better lighting (in the daytime).

I am confused, how does this have anything to do with "earlier sets". Both the cloak faction deck and the hawk's strike were recent releases.

Actually, I didn't read that in what he said. It sounds like some - not all - of the early part of the print run had the issue. You may have received one of those defective sets in error. Plaid Hat's always had good customer service - I'd give Colby a chance to make it right before throwing down that kind of accusation. That's equally bad form, dude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lakoda wrote:
So what I am hearing is that you knowingly shipped defective product.

Couple that with the smashed master set box I received it is very disappointing. I'll get a picture of that up too, but honestly I was just going to live with it (it doesn't effect game play like the color thing does), but now I'm upset. You sent me a product you knew was deficient...bad form man. Caveat Emptor.

Also, just to be clear, within a deck the colors are very similar. All of the faction deck is this very washed out color and all of the reinforcement cards are (what I'm guessing is) normal deep/vibrant color. The colors are so different that it is 2 completely different colors, not shades of the same color. I will try and get better pictures when I have better lighting (in the daytime).

I am confused, how does this have anything to do with "earlier sets". Both the cloak faction deck and the hawk's strike were recent releases.

I sent them out because not sending them out would have pissed off more people. People want thier stuff and they want it now. That is my experience. I was told by the printer that the colors were correct when they started printing and the colors strayed. They told me this after I noted it on some of the shipment that cost me thousands of dollars to get over here to get my preorders thier sets closely to the originally quoted time frame. Something I can assure you most other companies don't go to the trouble of doing. I had no way of checking every set. As is always the case I can be contacted at Colby at plaidhatgames.com and as is always the case I will work to resolve the issue.

Edit: to further expand on the situation I spoke to another industry professional and he told me that color variations happen all the time with all kinds of printers. I was advised by this respectable industry mainstay that it would be best just to tell customers the printer tried to match them and they didnt come out and that you can tell it is an expansion card but can't tell which one it is. I however took on considerable cost and delays to have the issue corrected. I try to bend over backward for my customers anyone who has ever contacted me for customer support can attest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lakoda wrote:
Thank you for the responses Colby. I never expected you to get involved (though with how active you are I really should have guessed). I wanted to inform others and see if I was alone in the error. Had you posted your immediately preceding response first I would not have gotten upset. It sounded to me as though you delayed to correct the issue and then sent out the known bad as well as the attempted fixed. I know longer get that impression. Sorry for my mistake.

All this does not change that I am still trying to get a sense for how pervasive the massive cloak color differences are. Mine are not off by shades but are two different colors. Has anyone gotten them more closely matched???

Well for a minute there it sounded like you were making a call for everyone to get out their mob torches and pitchforks. If the colors were off and the whole shipment was already here and I had no way of correcting the issue (note that coloration issues are all over the place in this industry, it is clearly a very difficult thing to control) do you think I should have just not sold the sets and instead died as a company? Do you think Summoner Wars fans would rather not get anymore Summoner Wars than suffer the evils of mismatched colors? I am not Fantasy Flight Games or Rio Grande. One big project like this selling no copies means game over for Plaid Hat. That is the nature of a business in my stage of growth... unless maybe that business is started by someone with an already hefty bank account, which I can assure you isn't the case with me.

Should you feel sorry for me and hold me to a lesser standard? No, as I've already stated I'm doing my best to address these kinds of things and will continue to do so. I'm just asking BGGers to take a minute to think about the logistics of these kinds of things before they gear up to burn my house down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lakoda wrote:
This is so out of control at this point.

I posted about the issue I experienced. I commented on my opinion about receiving known bad product.

I made no statements about what others in the public should do, or what you and PHGs should do. Everyone here read more into my post then was there. I was making a factual statement about my experience and asking for the same from others. I did not start commenting on your business practices until you did. You invited my opinion. I am not asking you like it anymore then I asked you to change it. I stated my opinion and moved on. Like everyone should.

Frankly I was trying to get a sense of quality control (which is important to me) as it will impact my personal decision to continue patronizing PHGs. I am very interested in dungeon run and in more summoner wars but I want a better expectation of what I'm getting in the box.

Marc was the only one in this thread who provided worthwhile information - thank you!

edit - generally I do not worry about replacing parts that are bad unless the game is unplayable, because it is such a hassle. however, like so many other people right now I have a limited game budget and wish to get the most out of it.

I'm allowed to read into things and exaggerate to make my point. It is the internet... I'm pretty much expected to.

That said, I am very sensitive to this issue and it does bother me when a customer is anything but completely satisfied.

And if you were looking for a sense of quality control Marc wasn't the only one who addressed it with something helpful. I said the following in address of those concerns.

Quote:
We had the bulk shipment delayed to correct these issues.

Quote:
As is always the case I can be contacted at Colby at plaidhatgames.com and as is always the case I will work to resolve the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Arment
United States
grimes
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
personally, as long as i get the game i am more then happy. the people that are unhappy can use sleeves if they must.

colby, thank you for your honesty and service to your customers. I for one, and i am sure many others, are very grateful for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian mcelligott
United States
saratoga springs
Utah
flag msg tools
Wish I has one of these sets. I would not be complaining since it is probably the best game out there. Impressive for a small publisher. Customer service has been perfect for me. Colby sent me the new thorkur card and only charged shipping pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can tell, Cole is not complaining about the Master set, he's complaining about Hawk's Strike not matching the original Cloaks cards. I have the same problem. It doesn't bother me at all, but I thought I'd mention it so he knows it's apparently normal.

And I like the reinforcement color too, Cole. The original deck looks all washed out and pale by comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received a copy of Hawk's Strike and Cloaks Faction deck, yesterday, and my cards are also noticably variant in color on both the backside (one card is a fair bit darker and a different purplish color) and front. Since I only have clear sleeves, it is not easy to cover up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.