Jose Negron
United States
New Hyde Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea where to get the original starter boxes (all 4 decks) of the original Summoner Wars? I lost mine and need to replace them :(

Any idea if/when they are going to be reprinted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Brady
United States
Hanover
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a used copy of Summoner Wars: Phoenix Elves vs Tundra Orcs in a little game store in Baltimore MD. But that was about 2 monthes ago. Thats the only starter set I have seen in the last year. I dont know about any reprint as of right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
They still have Dwarves & Gobs at www.ccgarmory.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wilde
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are you located? No point suggesting an American supplier if you are in Switzerland...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
plaidhatgames.com has a banner announcing the ability to pre-order the reprints of the original starter boxes, but the banner isn't actually clickable.

Either way, it is apparent they'll be back in print soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Negron
United States
New Hyde Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teloric wrote:
Where are you located? No point suggesting an American supplier if you are in Switzerland...

New york city

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I saw a copy or two at Dragon's Den up in Poughkeepsie within the past couple of weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an auction on BGG now that has all of the Summoner Wars decks. I saw it this morning and now can't remember which auction it is. I'll continue to look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
esirof wrote:
I saw a copy or two at Dragon's Den up in Poughkeepsie within the past couple of weeks.

I picked it up at DD a few days ago.

Give the store a call to see if they have more. (I think it was the last one but check with them.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Negron
United States
New Hyde Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
There is an auction on BGG now that has all of the Summoner Wars decks. I saw it this morning and now can't remember which auction it is. I'll continue to look.

Cool. Please if you happen to find the auction let me know. I'm dying for the starter sets.

I playtested SW Master Set, Jungle Elves, and Cloaks. I always played the starter sets from friends who owned them but never bought them b/c of the pricepoint and the paper mat. Had I known the game was going to be this awesome I would have bought the starters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wilde
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boricua1111 wrote:
Had I known the game was going to be this awesome I would have bought the starters.

We've all been there at one time or another...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birger Hogrefe
Switzerland
Rubigen
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boricua1111 wrote:
Teloric wrote:

New york city

lol, i live in Switzerland and searching the 2 original boxes too. Any suggestions where to get them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grey Mac
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Just don't go to CCGArmory...

To give context, here is a portion of the report I filed to Paypal, IC3.gov and Attorney General of Maryland:

"I placed an order on the CCGArmory.com website on Jan 10, 2012 for a series of items. Order #99877

On Jan 19, 2012 I received a package with only one of the items I had ordered.

On Jan 22, 2012 I sent an email to CCGarmory asking about the other items. They are claiming that all items were in the box which was shipped to me.

There is a great deal of evidence which does not support their claim:

First, the tracking numbers: I was sent two invoices through email. The item I received has a tracking number on the invoice of 1Z14YV020390608293- this is a UPS number. However, every other item on the list had a tracking number of 9405510200830271124008- this is a US postal service number.

Second, the physical invoice which came with the package has the same numbers as above- one for the item I received and another for all the other items. Additionally, the items with the different tracking number had all been scratched out with pen- as if they were not to be included in the box which was sent to me.

Third, I have an email from the company telling me that the items would be shipped seperately. How can they say that the items were in the same box when in the email they state that the items would be shipped seperately?

I received a large brown cardboard box from UPS on Friday Jan 19, 2012 at about 4:00pm. The box was labelled as being sent from CCGArmory. Inside the box was only one of the items I had ordered."

The report goes on... suffice to say, CCG Armory is doing its best to make me look like a liar to Paypal. They are offering me a refund, but I purchased the items on sale- so there is little chance of me getting as good a deal elsewhere. Frankly, I feel that the deal was so good that they simply do not wish to fulfill the order. It's not a loss if they simply refund the money. So, in a malicious sense, it's a good business decision for them to NOT send me the models.

Regardless, in the strongest possible terms, I recommend avoiding CCG Armory. I just want them to ship the models I paid for- after that I will never do business with them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
mbmbmbmbmb
They're being re-released in a few months, I would just wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Kovak
msg tools
mbmbmb
Colby posted here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/757125/new-summoner-wars-pro...

That all of the new packs, and starter set reprints are available for pre-order now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.