Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Taylor
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warning - Thar be spoilers here...

Finally recieved my copy today; very impressed with the components. Sat back with the included comic, and noticed some oddities.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The ISN Torrent is an odd solo mini that doesn't match its image in the comic. It took me awhile to find it the comic infact. It's part of storm squadron that is destroyed by the Vapor's Fate.

Which leads to another quandry...many of the ships which are represented by the mini's are destroyed in the comic. SO...are the ship's you are playing with supposed to be the ship's in the comic before they are destroyed? Are those names supposed to represent ship classes, (Torrent class, Everest Class, Ect.?) Or is this just a board game and I should really just relax?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a boardgame and you should really just relax.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Taylor
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At my house, the Everest will now officially be known as the SOL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

...and where is that banjo shaped ship?

Seriously, I thought the comic was well done. I was surprised to see such a quality piece included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:

I thought it was a themed space station. I'm embarrassed to admit that it wasn't until it appeared later in the comic that I realized my sense of scale was off... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Minor spoiler from the comic.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The banjo isn't a ship, it's an actual banjo. One of the ISN crewmembers is playing it later in the comic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn...I was waiting for a Banjo Ship expansionwhistle
OD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BadMagic wrote:
turtleback wrote:

I thought it was a themed space station. I'm embarrassed to admit that it wasn't until it appeared later in the comic that I realized my sense of scale was off... shake

Like a bluegrass theme park in space? Cool. Now where is that strat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Taylor
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first time I saw that banjo I wondered if the band Boston would be making a cameo.

Maybe an expansion race?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Githens
United States
Piedmont
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bogenhagen
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
wouldn't be the first guitar starship I've seen in my day......
http://youtu.be/mjli3hj0ZkM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my favorite:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Neal
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed the Comic, it is already in a poly bag and has its backing board. Someone touched on it, the book really is a quality production, the story is well done I think, it moves fast in places and does a good approximation for Military SciFi Novels that are en Vogue right now, so bravo there! The art is also well done IMHO (WRITER here, not Artist) and it just adds to the immersiveness of the overall package.

I have not read comics on a regular subscribed to basis in a long time, and I will not say right now that I would go into such an arrangement with this one. If it hits some sort of regular distribution, whether it is mail, or newstand, I WILL say that I will check it out that way, and see where it goes.

It is overall positive and as a writer and a fairly avid gamer among other things, I can only say I like this trend of meatier pack in story devices with board games, I like the direction a lot....whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also surprised at the quality of the comic. It's a nice throw-back to some of the other comics that appeared in some other games in the long past, such as The Omega Virus. It gives the game some needed context and background.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clark
United States
Loudon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing Chuck Dixon's name in the writing credits was a clear indication that they didn't just slap the comic together. Dixon has had great runs on the Punisher and Batman among others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.