Gerrit Geens
Belgium
Langdorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I finally received by own copy today and it looks even prettier than I'd expected from the pictures on the web.
There's just a small 'issue' with some of my cards but I'm not sure how much of a common or even 'real' issue this is (hence this thread). The back side of a number of cards is slightly 'different' from the majority by having some imperfections in the print and it's just enough to make them stand out a little. I assume that this probably won't be an issue with the unit cards since there are quite a lot of them but sadly 1 of the 12 treasure cards is quite easily (for me...) recognizable. Could anyone who has played the game let me know if this would impact play (="knowing some particular treasure lies on top of a city stack")?

Please note that I haven't played yet and I probably won't be learning to play in the next couple of days since my yearly vacation is approaching and work first needs to get done...
Also note that I realize that I could print out some new backsides and just sleeve the 12 treasure cards but before I start doing that I'd like to know if this 'recognizability' could be an issue or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Knowing what card is coming up next in a stack will always impact a card game to a degree, in my opinion.

The best solution is probably, as you've already mentioned, buying card sleeves with an opaque back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Oh, America, what have you done.
mbmbmb
What Jonathan said. And yes for this game specifically. Knowing that the middle city had the Poseidon reward card (for example) on top would definitely impact which city I play my units in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.