Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Z A
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Allies attacking the north, French defend in place.

Allies attacking the center, French mixed defence.

Allies attacking the south, French counter-attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Need more of these they were a big help learning how to play. Took the pressure of setting up off and allowed me to focus on moving and attacking..

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very interested by these setups to get into this game (only one solo game so far).

Please, could you explain/develop what do you mean by :
- French defend in place.
- French mixed defence.
- French counter-attack.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kåre Dyvik
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fdubois wrote:

- French mixed defence.
- French counter-attack.

My interpretation:
- French defend in place: maximum strength (all 3-strength units, including guards) is deployed on the battlefield at start, while the reinforcement corps are as weak as possible. The plan seems to be to stop the Allies using the corps on the field, and the reinforcements as a last resort.
- French counter-attack: the reinforcement corps are very strong, only 3-strength units. The French player intends to play a defensive game with the units on the field, allowing the Allies to come forward, then bring on the reinforcements and overwhelm the Allies.
- French mixed defence: something in between (some strength on the field, guards in the reinforcements)

I guess Z.A. can elaborate on that.

The trick is to guess which setup your opponent has chosen, and act accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Z A
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nappeto wrote:
fdubois wrote:

- French mixed defence.
- French counter-attack.

My interpretation:
- French defend in place: maximum strength (all 3-strength units, including guards) is deployed on the battlefield at start, while the reinforcement corps are as weak as possible. The plan seems to be to stop the Allies using the corps on the field, and the reinforcements as a last resort.
- French counter-attack: the reinforcement corps are very strong, only 3-strength units. The French player intends to play a defensive game with the units on the field, allowing the Allies to come forward, then bring on the reinforcements and overwhelm the Allies.
- French mixed defence: something in between (some strength on the field, guards in the reinforcements)

I guess Z.A. can elaborate on that.

The trick is to guess which setup your opponent has chosen, and act accordingly.

Yes. Plus:

Defend in Place: I generally fall back to star locales and set up defenses on the approaches. Build a nice solid wall of units for the allies to grind away at. With luck it's 4pm or zero allied morale without a breach in the line. The trick, don't attack, EVER! Feint, screen, shoot cannons, never ever actually attack.
Counter-Attack: I run away, a lot. Like a lot. Just run away again and again. Feint at every opportunity. Pull corps apart. When there's nothing but a few small corps and indies scattered, ATTACK! Pick the best spots to roll up the allied line and crush them. The trick, forget the star locals exist. Your job is to DESTROY the allied army, not defend some stupid hill.
Mixed: Simply a combo of both strategies. I generally "fix" my northern corps and let the others play the "running" game. Draw the allies thin, break up corps, try to wait out the clock. The trick, accept acceptable losses. You only need 1 morale point to win if you can keep the allies off the stars and it's 4pm. They can have all 27, you only need ONE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.