Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Brader
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone help me with the bombing rules? I've read them a few times, and each of the people playing the scenario last night had a different interpretation.

1. Do bombs need to be dropped at the start of a turn "before revealing any maneuver card" or can they be dropped mid-turn?

2. What does the next paragraph mean? "The player executes the maneuver card, and, before weapon fire is resolved, puts the bombs into play. If the last maneuver card of the bomber was a stall, the player places a stall maneuver card in front of the airplane and then places the bomb card so that the arrow on its rear matches the one on teh rear of the stall maneuver card. If the last maneuver card was not a stall place a straight..." Does this mean the bomber moves, then places the bomb card, and then the bombs move also (either straight of stall distance)?

Maybe I'm reading too much into the rules, but I'm confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnbeapirate wrote:
1. Do bombs need to be dropped at the start of a turn "before revealing any maneuver card" or can they be dropped mid-turn?

The can be dropped in any phase. The player declares he is dropping bombs at the start of the phase prior to revealing the maneuer card
johnbeapirate wrote:
2. What does the next paragraph mean? "The player executes the maneuver card, and, before weapon fire is resolved, puts the bombs into play.
If the last maneuver card of the bomber was a stall, the player places a stall maneuver card in front of the airplane and then places the bomb card so that the arrow on its rear matches the one on teh rear of the stall maneuver card. If the last maneuver card was not a stall place a straight..." Does this mean the bomber moves, then places the bomb card, and then the bombs move also (either straight of stall distance)?

So after the maneaver is resolved, but before the firing is resolved, the bombs are placed.
To place the bombs use either a stall or straight (deopending on maneuver card used) in front of the bomber, and then place the bomb card lining up with this stall/straight.

So summary of the phase when including bombing:
1) Declare bombs
2) Reveal Maneuver Card
3) Resolve Maneuver Card
4) Resolve Bombs declared in (1) above:
(a) Place Straight/Stall in front of Bomber
(b) Place Bomb card in front of card placed in 4a)
(c) Score bombs is playing without altitude rules (so bombs hit immediatley)
5) Resolve Firing

Hope this has helped clear up, and not confused further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brader
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andrew - I think I get it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.