Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it a reprint plus the expansion (i.e. does it include all the cards from the base game, in addition to the new cards?) or is is just an expansion (new cards only).

Will the card quality be as dismally bad as the first edition? (The cards started falling apart almost immediately).

When will this be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
fubar awol wrote:
Is it a reprint plus the expansion (i.e. does it include all the cards from the base game, in addition to the new cards?) or is is just an expansion (new cards only).

It is new cards only. Edit: This is apparently only true for PNP version.

fubar awol wrote:
Will the card quality be as dismally bad as the first edition? (The cards started falling apart almost immediately).

When will this be available?

The print and play edition is available now. As for an actual physical release, I'm not sure. I don't know about the quality of the cards since I made my own for both the original and the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Callister
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the upcoming release of Nile Deluxor DOES include the entire original game. It is meant to replace the first edition and then expand upon it.

The card quality is supposed to be much better. Minion games got a lot of complaints about the card quality so they're making it up to everyone by allowing owners of the original Nile to get $10 off a pre-order of the Deluxor edition.

I don't know any specific dates, but the impression I get from the publisher is that it's coming in the next month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fishmountains wrote:
Actually, the upcoming release of Nile Deluxor DOES include the entire original game. It is meant to replace the first edition and then expand upon it.

The card quality is supposed to be much better. Minion games got a lot of complaints about the card quality so they're making it up to everyone by allowing owners of the original Nile to get $10 off a pre-order of the Deluxor edition.

I don't know any specific dates, but the impression I get from the publisher is that it's coming in the next month.

Party Down!

I love this game and look forward to getting the base+expansion with new card quality. I've inquired of Minion on where to send my proof of purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Heath
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to confirm, yes the new version is a complete replacement for the original (which you can get $10 back for from your local retailer or Minion Games direct) and it contains REAL card stock and no alignment registration problems. These cards were printed in Germany with Ludo Fact who does only high quality work. Of course that means a higher price point.

Minion Games will have them at GenCon 2011 if you want to bring your old copy with you there we'll let you keep it, just flash it and we'll give you the discounted price.

The Monuments in the new version REALLY ad a lot to the game - much more then you'd think. It's well worth the upgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jabagi K
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they gonna be available in Essen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phrosbyte wrote:
Just to confirm, yes the new version is a complete replacement for the original (which you can get $10 back for from your local retailer or Minion Games direct) and it contains REAL card stock and no alignment registration problems. These cards were printed in Germany with Ludo Fact who does only high quality work. Of course that means a higher price point.

Minion Games will have them at GenCon 2011 if you want to bring your old copy with you there we'll let you keep it, just flash it and we'll give you the discounted price.

The Monuments in the new version REALLY ad a lot to the game - much more then you'd think. It's well worth the upgrade.

I received my discounted copy from Minion. Component quality is excelent. I plan to play it tomorrow, so more to follow on the impact of the new cards / rules changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.