Subject: 2nd Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeremy hammond
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a second expansion was in the works already (Armada). Does anyone know if this is a new wonder, cards, or what it is about?

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Already, already, it takes some time to design a game, the work started as soon as Leaders was finished in fact
It's all W.I.P but there will be new cards for sure and one wonder (maybe two)... That's all I can tell for now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toinito wrote:
Already, already, it takes some time to design a game, the work started as soon as Leaders was finished in fact
It's all W.I.P but there will be new cards for sure and one wonder (maybe two)... That's all I can tell for now

Glad to hear that.
I'm guessing the wonder would be one of the ancient Greek city-states if the title of the second expansion is 'Armada'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
desmodus
France
Bantzenheim
flag msg tools
badge
Die Ärzte, Bad Religioon, Bauhaus, Dom Perignon, In Extremo, Joy Division, Lacrimosa, New Model Army, Nirvana, Officine Panerai, Placebo, Rammstein, The Sisters of Mercy, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, The Mission, Die Toten Hosen, Umbra et Imago
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance to see it ready for Essen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not for Essen, no. It takes some time to make things well
Armada is a working title, BTW..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome! I can't wait until you're close enough to done to start showing previews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skeil wrote:
toinito wrote:

Glad to hear that.
I'm guessing the wonder would be one of the ancient Greek city-states if the title of the second expansion is 'Armada'.

Acropolis of Athens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
skeil wrote:

Really?! I thought 'Armada' would more likely refer to ships, i.e. following from the Spanish.

Did 'Armada' mean something to Ancient Greece too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex Brown wrote:
skeil wrote:

Really?! I thought 'Armada' would more likely refer to ships, i.e. following from the Spanish.

Did 'Armada' mean something to Ancient Greece too?

Well, the term Armada is really the spanish naval fleet isn't it? In Peloponnesian War the city-states used their feet a lot beacuse it really was the easiest way to get around. I imagine that's where the link is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm lost. What is W.I.P.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PenumbraPenguin
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Work in Progress, probably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Reis
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
PenumbraPenguin wrote:
Work in Progress, probably.

right on the money!

Way cool to see the Game Designer replying to this thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toinito wrote:
Not for Essen, no. It takes some time to make things well
Armada is a working title, BTW..

Yes, take you time a make the expansion good - I would like that.

The Ulysses expansion could be another cool sounding name - especially if the new Wonder where to be Acropolis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oz Me
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to guess a secondary, naval combat system between specific city states that mounted fleets. They would not necessarily be conducted between adjacent seats but v. selected, across the table rivals. Perhaps some trading components too

That would include Carthage, Rome, Persia, Greece and Egypt.

Anyone up for a betting pool? I bid two prestige points. cool

PS. And while the project name is called Armada... I vote for "Trireme" as the final name for the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toinito wrote:
there will be new cards for sure and one wonder (maybe two)... That's all I can tell for now

Two new wonders would be great. I can think of the Great Wall of China and the Taj Mahal, to represent the Chinese and Indian civilizations, but there are certainly other candidates as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoît Delcorps
Belgium
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozme52 wrote:
PS. And while the project name is called Armada... I vote for "Trireme" as the final name for the expansion.

Nice title proposition ! This would indeed make more sense !

As for your guesses, these would indeed make the game more interactive and tensed... il like your ideas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GabrielGeek wrote:
toinito wrote:
there will be new cards for sure and one wonder (maybe two)... That's all I can tell for now

Two new wonders would be great. I can think of the Great Wall of China and the Taj Mahal, to represent the Chinese and Indian civilizations, but there are certainly other candidates as well

Taj Mahal is a impressive wonder. I have nothing against it, but it was build in the mid 1600s, so a really don't think that it has a place in a game about ancient civilizations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7 Wonders: Warriors?

(since everything in each title is plural so far...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten ◄► Wesel
Germany
Pinneberg-Quellental
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7 Wonders: Catapult?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Habr
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toinito wrote:

Any chance we will see Age IV ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.