Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Play Note: LOS, while not a major problem in most of these battles, because of the flat terrain, is often a cause of “player tension”. We suggest that missile LOS rules be interpreted strictly, while LC LOS rules 4.25 be interpreted liberally. The former are trying to shoot at a target; the latter are simply trying to see if everyone is in place."

Can someone give me an example where, as a player, I am required to guess the intention of the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
ekted wrote:
"Play Note: LOS, while not a major problem in most of these battles, because of the flat terrain, is often a cause of “player tension”. We suggest that missile LOS rules be interpreted strictly, while LC LOS rules 4.25 be interpreted liberally. The former are trying to shoot at a target; the latter are simply trying to see if everyone is in place."

Can someone give me an example where, as a player, I am required to guess the intention of the rules?

I would guess it is referring to the case where LOS would be traced along a hexside of a hex with blocking terrain. In this case, LOS would be blocked for missile fire, but would be open for LC.

This example is given explicitly in some of the other GBoH rulebooks, so I assume it would be similar here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Wow dude. YOu are really grinding this mill aint ya.
Are you not enjoying it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
Wow dude. YOu are really grinding this mill aint ya.
Are you not enjoying it?

I don't even buy a game until I understand the rules and then decide if it's worthy, and I'm not there yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
how can u understand without pushing pieces around? VASSAL?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
how can u understand without pushing pieces around? VASSAL?

I understand rules by reading them. And when they are not well written, I ask questions. That's what these forums are for.

I watched all 3 sessions of the mp3/vlog tutorial GMT has posted. It gave me a feeling for the game, but was far from complete. I am a deal breaker kind of person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.