Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw previously one person has asked, but the answer was not too clear...

If a vehicle (e.g. tank) moves into a new hex, can the player determine which side it faces?

Well, if the answer is yes, why the rule has reverse movement which needs to pay double terrain cost?

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mochara c
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Reversing may allow the player to relocate without exposing themselves to a flank or rear shot, as opposed to pivoting, moving to a new hex and pivoting again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, why I asked is that from the WT rule (1.6.3)

Weapon Teams with a red arrow in the corner of their counter may only fire in the direction defined by the arrow, as explained in the section on ordnance (14.0). They will need to change facing to fire at enemies outside their arc of fire. They may either change facing within their hex in lieu of firing at a cost of 1 MP per two hex sides pivoted, change facing and fire which incurs a penalty on the OFT but is permitted when conducting Opportunity Fire (5.3), or they may face any direction after entering a new hex. Place a Move marker on any Weapons Team that changes facing.

When WT enters a new hex, it is "free" to change the facing (if I do not interpret this wrongly).

From the comments, sounds like the vehicle movement/facing is different, which vehicle's change-face is not free as WT when getting into the next hex.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mochara c
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Quote:
From the comments, sounds like the vehicle movement/facing is different, which vehicle's change-face is not free as WT when getting into the next hex.

Correct. WTs may freely choose any facing without additional "cost" once they complete movement whereas vehicles must spent movement points and, again, unless they are using reverse movement, risk exposing a softer part of the vehicle to enemy fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, now I understand it better....Thx!

I am sure I will ask more questions... whistle and thanks for your answers in advance! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.