Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Williams
United States
Gahanna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solitaire Rules questions:

1. Is there a limit to the number of guest workers you can claim with acculturation?

2. Since I only have the base game, What are the limits to infrastructure gains, if you don't play with age IV?

3. When you run out of innovation cards to be drawn, the player loses a migratory and metropolis map unit per age of the player. Then does the player shuffle A- all the cards of that age back in, or B- only cards that were in the discard pile, and the 'unplayed deck' is still out of the game? OR C- Once an age is depleted, it is gone and you just keep suffering losses until the game ends?
D- And taking an innovation action, or population action is optional, in that I could just go to the next phase and not draw cards, right?

4. Do you still evaluate barbarian raids for unplayed cards that are lost?

5. Infrastructure increases could happen during the innovation phase, OR during the Play cards phase. Then pubic cards could be awarded/auctioned before and after the catastrophes. So, I presume you resolve catastrophe's pretty much as soon as the card is awarded, correct?

2+ player Questions:

A. Does venereal disease affect the besieging army, the besieged city, or both? And will it continue to affect the player until both are at the same disease level?

B. Unless playing the Toba Optional rule, do volcanos have climatic catastrophes also?

C. Slavery equalizes the Slaver and Slave's foot print. And additional infrastructure gains/losses affect both. But if the slave's maritime is at 1, and slaver's is at 2, then what happens if the slave has a maritime increase with a bound limit of 2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. From what I can gather from the solo rules, it's limited by the culture cards you obtain and your own elder limit (1+# of metropolises). Since there are no other players involved, the acculturization action under population is meaningless in the solo version.

2. No idea here.

3. The way it reads to me, is that you take the hit every turn with no reshuffle of discards. Once an era deck is gone it's gone. Either manage your novel behavior/invention actions better or advance to a new era quickly.

4. The wording distinguishses cards drawn vs cards lost so I'd say no on the Barbarian Raids since it states to resolve it when you draw a card.

5. It says to play the environment/catastrophe card as usual, but in this case I think it's saying to play it as soon as it comes up whether during innovations or card play.

A Just the besieged, the player with immunology 3 is immune from bound 3 effects. Once any other players reach stage 3, they become immune as well. See section 8.4

B No, just the map unit loss.

C I'm pretty sure they are evaluated separately, so in your example the enslaved will advance to 2 and the slaver will be bound at 2 with no advance. In his design notes, Phil makes mention that being the slaver isn't always a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Williams
United States
Gahanna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cparrott wrote:
1. From what I can gather from the solo rules, it's limited by the culture cards you obtain and your own elder limit (1+# of metropolises). Since there are no other players involved, the acculturization action under population is meaningless in the solo version.

Quote:
Rules: 3) ...Culture Cards allow the player to make a one time "acculturation" population action that allows the player to gain as many elders their civilzatio can support up to the level of the Public card (i.e. an Era II card allows your civilization to gain a maximum of two elders). Use the cubes of a different color to represent these elders....

So re-reading it, if I gain a public culture card of level 2, as a one time, I get 2 more elders (or as many more as I can support) from the supply. It isn't an acculturation action. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.