Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Sons of the American RevolutionMicrobadge: American Legion memberMicrobadge: MensaMicrobadge: Plays Games With Family
My game finally arrived today (a week late) and at long last I opened my prize. As I was admiring all the bits and parts, I noticed that the Human flagship, ISN Everest was missing the front two gun turrets. The back one is there, but the front two weren't. They weren't in the box either.

I looked at the artwork to make sure they were supposed to be there. They were. Then I looked at photographs of the miniature to make certain they were supposed to be there. They were supposed to be there.

There are two empty mounting studs where the turrets should have been, but they most certainly are missing.

I just emailed Hasbro Customer Service to let them know and see what they will do. I requested 2 new turrets or a replacement ISN Everest.

So, I'm wondering...is anyone else missing the front two gun turrets on their ISN Everest...or is mine a rare collectible defect that will make me rich in my old age?laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Everett
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't notice anything until you mentioned it, but yes mine is missing them too. Just sort of has two little nubs were the guns should be.

Edit:
Found this pic in the gallery:

It seems to only have one on the front, but it is one more than I have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The comic shows the Everest with two forward turrets. My model only has one in the front. The second doesn't quite look "missing." Just looks like the far forward "A" turret was sculpted as a small box ahead of the "B" turret.

After checking my model against the above photo, I see no difference between them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have two Everests... they each have one foward gun turret.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Everett
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
The comic shows the Everest with two forward turrets. My model only has one in the front. The second doesn't quite look "missing." Just looks like the far forward "A" turret was sculpted as a small box ahead of the "B" turret.
On my model, both turrets look like turret "A" so I can almost assure you that that is not how the turret is supposed to look.

Additionally when I look at the back turret, it looks like it was added to the model before the wash since it sits up and looks a little separated from the model itself. And the nubs (aka turret "A" style) look like just the kind of base it would be glued to.

It sounds like to me, everyone is missing one turret, and some of us are missing two. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Sons of the American RevolutionMicrobadge: American Legion memberMicrobadge: MensaMicrobadge: Plays Games With Family
You can go to the WoTC website and see a picture of the ISN Everest (it is the background photo) and it definitely has two forward gun turrets...just like the artwork depicts and just like the photo in the rules book shows.

http://www.wizards.com/Company/Brands/BattleshipGalaxies.asp...

This is a blow up from a screen shot of the WoTC Battleship Galaxies page. It is a little blurry, but you can clearly see that there are 3 gun turrets...one in the aft and two on the bow.

My mini has none on the bow. I believe that those with just one on the bow are also missing a turret.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hiesterman
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I wish to kill you, be at rest as to that, but to kill you quietly in a snug, remote place, where you will not be able to boast of your death to anybody
badge
Caught trouser-free in open country...
mbmbmbmbmb
My Everest is missing the A gun, but does have the B gun...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Hasbro Consumer Affairs are unable to assist you with a replacement part as Wizards of the Coast handles this particular game.

You can visit their web site at www.wizards.com/customerservice. You can submit an e-mail using their E-mail Us system, or call Wizards of the Coast Customer Service at 1-800-324-6496 during their normal business hours.

-------------------------------
I've been on hold forever and still don't know what they are going to do.

I'll let you know as soon as I do.
-------------------------------

I spoke with a friendly fellow named Paul at WoTC Customer Service. He took my contact information and shipping address and said they would send out the two turrets right away.

Great customer service!

I just got this email:

Quote:
Thank you for calling!

I apologize for the defect that you encountered with our product. I have got the order in to replace your damaged battleship. As I stated on the phone, you can expect it within the next 1-2 weeks.

Take care and good gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt way
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same issue and WOC says the missing parts will be at my house in a week.

Poliorcetes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Everett
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let us know how it goes. I don't really know if it bothers me enough to order two little tiny turrets and glue them on myself unless it makes it look a lot better. I might wait to see if other people notice first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav Åkerfelt
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my game today.... Missing my front turret... =/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'm missing a front turret as well. I sent an email to customer service, hopefully it will be remedied soon. Shame there seems to be such a widespread issue with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laser Wolf
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This explains why I keep losing. This game is absolutely unplayable with missing gun turrets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
naf
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Everest looks like Richard's picture above, one large gun in the front "B" section, and just a plain box type thing where the "A" gun is supposed to be. Not sure if this is a flaw, or as designed. Looks ok to me the way it is though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
naf313 wrote:
My Everest looks like Richard's picture above, one large gun in the front "B" section, and just a plain box type thing where the "A" gun is supposed to be. Not sure if this is a flaw, or as designed. Looks ok to me the way it is though.
Mine is the same. I haven't seen a clear picture yet showing the Everest with two front turrets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Everett
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
naf313 wrote:
Mine is the same. I haven't seen a clear picture yet showing the Everest with two front turrets.
See George's picture above? Definitely more turret there than on the one I posted.

Anyway, played today and no one noticed, and I didn't even think about it at the time. I probably won't do much to fix it.

Dammit George, why did you even let me know my game had a problem? angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These links showed a clear picture of the ISN Everest. The front turret is missing.

http://superflycircus.blogspot.com/2011/06/battleship-galaxi...

http://battleshipgalaxians.com/

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlgxtwXPK6p0RLsDENXsPL6wILt84S6TLfFSrbd9ZlnCWSBawkhQ

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1804

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHxUf7yGvts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
wildger wrote:
So it appears to be a widespread manufacturer's defect.

There go my hopes that I had a one or two of a kind collectible defect.soblue

Well, perhaps if MILLIONS more are sold around the world, our few hundred defective minis will still have that special collectible value.
Here's hoping...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was easy.

I hit up WotC Customer service yesterday explaining that my ship was missing the turrets and I would like to have replacement parts.

Got an email earlier asking for my phone number so they could process my order.

Sent that.

An hour later I get an email saying they are sorry it was defective and that I will get a new model in the mail in 7 to 10 days.

Great customer service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Masterson
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am missing the 7 red stands for the ships. This does make it unplayable looks like they have some quality control issues!cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hiesterman
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I wish to kill you, be at rest as to that, but to kill you quietly in a snug, remote place, where you will not be able to boast of your death to anybody
badge
Caught trouser-free in open country...
mbmbmbmbmb
After I told WotC that my Everest was missing a forward turret and only had one turret on the front, they told me they'd send out a new one. Today I got this e-mail from them:

"Hello again Karl,

Upon reviewing our replacement pieces for the ISN Everest ship, we have noticed that the piece in the game is different than the preview model on the website. We are terribly sorry for the confusion, and unfortunately, while I would love to send you a ship with the front turret, the ship with a front turret doesn't exist. I will be unable to send a replacement."

So ALL the ships they sent out have only one turret. If you have NO front turrets, THAT'S a defect, but just one front turret is the way they shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Yep, I got the same email...but it sounds like they aren't goin to send anything, despite the fact that MY ISN Everest has NO front gun turrets at all...not even the one that is now the only one that is supposed to be there.

The pictures had 2 gun turrets...the photos had 2 gun turrets...and my mini has 0 gun turrets.

I resubmitted my request pointing out that my mini has no front gun turrets at all. We'll see what if anything they are going to do about it.

I'm not happy. If I opened a box of Axis and Allies minis and the Sherman tank was missing it's turret...I would return it because it is defective. Same thing here.

Fortunately, I purchased this with a credit card and if they want to get stupid, I can do a dispute of claim and get the game for free. It's their call. Send me a new mini with at least one gun turret on the bow or send me a single gun turret for me to fix the probelem myself...but don't stiff me.angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Coldwarrior1984 wrote:
Yep, I got the same email...but it sounds like they aren't goin to send anything, despite the fact that MY ISN Everest has NO front gun turrets at all...not even the one that is now the only one that is supposed to be there.

The pictures had 2 gun turrets...the photos had 2 gun turrets...and my mini has 0 gun turrets.

I resubmitted my request pointing out that my mini has no front gun turrets at all. We'll see what if anything they are going to do about it.
I'm sure pointing out to them that your problem, while it may sound at first look to be the same as all the other not-actually-a-problem-after-all emails they just received a ton of, really isn't, they will send you a replacement.

Coldwarrior1984 wrote:
I'm not happy. If I opened a box of Axis and Allies minis and the Sherman tank was missing it's turret...I would return it because it is defective. Same thing here.

Fortunately, I purchased this with a credit card and if they want to get stupid, I can do a dispute of claim and get the game for free. It's their call. Send me a new mini with at least one gun turret on the bow or send me a single gun turret for me to fix the probelem myself...but don't stiff me.angry
And disputing the claim will hurt WotC? Or the retailer that sold you the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
If I end up doing a dispute of claim, the vendor will most likely contact the manufacturer and push for a resolution.

Right now, it is big company verses individual.

A dispute of claim puts the vendor and credit card company in my corner so that they are less likely to just brush me off.

I will wait and see if they at least offer a replacement turret, or a replacement miniature with at least one turret on the front.

If they do either...no worries. I will shut up and be happy with my game. If they blow me off, I will dispute the claim due to a manufacturer's defect. It really is that simple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Hot Off the Presses...this just in...FLASH Communication follows...

WotC have just sent me an email:

Quote:
Hello again George,

We apologize for the confusion in this matter. If your ISN Everest is missing both turrets, that is something we can replace with a 1 turret version. Again, we're very sorry for the mix-up. Your can expect your replacement within the next 1-2 weeks.

Take Care and Good Gaming!
That is an acceptable outcome and I will resume my positive expression that the customer service IS responsive and they ARE doing a good job.

I can accept that there was a last minute production problem and they decided to go with just one front gun turret for all the minis. That sort of thing cannot be helped. My concern was with my mini having no front gun turret at all, while they were supposed to have at least one.

So, that is a cool response from Wizards of the Coast and I am happy with the outcome.

Just to pull it out for everyone skimming...

If you ISN Everest has NO front gun turrets, that IS a defect that can be corrected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |